Gots me a foam cannon. My impression....

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
I ordered the Torq Foam cannon from Chemical Guys. It came in yesterday with 3 bottles of their soaps. Decided I'd wash my old Toyota truck that was pretty dirty so I hooked it up to my new Greenworks 2000psi electric pressure washer I bought last week. Mixed in 4oz of soap with the bottle 3/4 full of water. After fooling with the dial on the cannon I finally got it to spray some foam. Doesn't nearly come out as impressively as the CG's video shows. They are obviously using a gas powered pressure washer. But...they say it works with any pressure washer. The real bitch is how temperamental the thing is. Sometimes when I pull the trigger on the wand the flow is real weak out of the cannon. Release and pull the trigger again and then it will work and spray foam.

Anybody else have a foam cannon? What's your impression? So far I'm thinking a two bucket method is just as well and faster.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Yeah I have the MTM Hydro Foam Lance which is what the Torq cannon is based on. They're probably using a 3,000 psi gas washer in their videos which is why the foam forms so well. I'm using around 1,600 psi and it's nothing near what they have but it does it's job just fine. Your Torq cannon has the adjustable nozzle and adjustable air inlet right?

It's good practice regardless to spray the car with foam and let it sit for a few minutes before blasting it off with the pressure washer and then going at it with the 2 bucket method.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
Yep same thing I found with my MTM, using a 1600psi karcher pressure washer.
It works well enough to clean the car but nothing like the vids, I spoke to a detail shop and he said it not as much the psi that matters as the gallons per minute, and the only way is gas.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
I've got one from Chemical Guys and mine works as good as I could expect with the 1800psi pressure washer I have. I need to fix a small leak on the fitting that developed the other day, but otherwise it works well enough for me.

Nowhere near the level of foam they get from the gas powered washer though.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
The bigger pressure washers they are make a huge difference in the amount of foam and Nick D is right its more about the GPM then it is about the actual pressure. I have a little 100 dollar pressure washer from home depot and it does the job with my MTM. Another thing you can try it doesn't make the world of difference but put hot water in the cannon instead of cold or regular.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
The ratio of soap to water and adjusting the mixer have a huge role in this as well. Depending on what I am trying to accomplish with the foamer depends on the ratio/mixer. If I have not washed in a while or a lot of crud on the car, I double the soap and max out the knob. I get very thick foam, but the soap goes very fast. I bought a second bottle so I can have it ready to swap out with little time lost. I also have an inline softner as well to help with foaming action.

Back