GT500 Twin 62 + HSW Plate = PITA!

07stangcs

Undecided
Reaction score
After trying several different ways to get an HSW nitrous plate to work with a 62mm twin GT500 tb kit, ITS DONE! Took some fabbing cork gaskets,relocation of coolant tank and various other crap. I also switched my tb adapter to a BBR as it was better matched from tb to spacer to plate. Gonna post some pics up in a minute after i upload them.

FastOrange

forum member
Reaction score
I hate to hear you had so much trouble with it man. I have the BBK T/B and didn't have a single issue when I put the plate on mine. Glad you got it working, it sure is a sick looking piece. Lightyears better looking than the nozzles.

07stangcs

Undecided
Reaction score
Yea considered just selling the gt500 kit and getting the frpp polished. The gt500 has to have an adapter which caused all the problems. I almost have 1 1/2 inches of spacer between tb and plenum now. With that being said I had to relocate coolant alittle. There's a total of 3 gaskets between my tb and plenum. 2 oem and one I made out of cork. The HSW is a noticable difference over nozzle. 100 shot hits harder on the plate than 125 on nozzle. Upped it to 150 shot today and it's amazing. Can't hold on to tires for shit tho. Gas it goin 80 down the freeway and I got sideways lol. Scared the fuck outta me.

07stangcs

Undecided
Reaction score
Changed back to the street tube till i get the racer intake tube filled(Nozzle Hole)I WARNED YOU ABOUT PIC QUALITY LOL

281asnr.jpg

2445sll.jpg

2jd5owm.jpg

eg3eid.jpg

2nb4wmx.jpg

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You need to get rid of the scotchlock though, I hate those fucking things. It will give you problems sooner or later, more likely sooner.

05xgt

Reaction score
I'm holdin out for FRPP w/HSW plate. Considerin just plumbing the manifold.

07stangcs

Undecided
Reaction score
Most likely going that route also. Prolly get a stocker, sell the GT500 and with that buy the frpp.

07stangcs

Undecided
Reaction score
So much torque its not even funny. Street tires just were not working. Put the bigs on the back and tried a nice 3400 footbrake launch spraying, still spinning hard in first but just SIMPLY AMAZING after. Never thought it would make this much of a difference.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've got to get my shit together. I don't have the HSW plate, but I have the GT500 adapter plate with the hole tapped for the nozzle. Been too busy to get it installed.

Looks good!

07stangcs

Undecided
Reaction score
I've got to get my shit together. I don't have the HSW plate, but I have the GT500 adapter plate with the hole tapped for the nozzle. Been too busy to get it installed.

Looks good!
I saw that availiable but figured it wouldn't work to well. I thought of it like this. A nozzle sprays in a stream/ cone shape, hence the reason they tell you to keep it further back away from the tb so it can evenly mix and distribute throught the runners. Let's say the nozzle tap is on the left side of the adapter. You only spray at WOT so your engine is sucking air very rapidly. The way the manifold is made it seems to me the spray stream will not have enough space to properly distribute. @ $143 new from HSW you can't go wrong!! There video of the plate in action had me sold the first time I watched it.

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop/picts/videos/plate/HSW-MUSTANG-N2O-PLATE.wmv

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back