Help ROUSH chin splitter 13' decided it wanted to fold over at 80mph.

POCOPOWER

forum member
Reaction score
Just bought the roush 13' front lower bumper splitter and less than 50 miles on it and got on the interstate and about 80 mph for 5 min i felt the car jerk and heard awful dragging. Pulled over and yep the splitter was folded under the car and ripped off. Saw where a few had the issue at 100 plus mph but not at 80 mph. Installed it as per instructions and all bolts were in it. Can a guy get a discount or replacement or some help on getting another.

AMAlexLazarus

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Well that's definitely no good man!

Drop me a line with your order info and I'll get a replacement shipped out for you today. I can't have you rolling around without a chin splitter now!

Alex

Madpony

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing a few weeks ago, also blew the inspection cover off too!
The screw holes in the bumper cover were ripped out.
A new bumper cover ( unpainted ) is $ 625 and there is no way the splitter is going to screw back in with the bumper cover ripped on every hole.

I bought a mini weld model 7 plastic welder kit and will be repairing the bumper cover by filling in the holes and redrilling for the screws... all repairs will be hidden by the chin splitter if I decide to not repaint.

I picked up a broken bumper cover from a local body shop to practice on before doing mine.

I am going to take pics of the progress and post here, it seems this is a common problem.

POCOPOWER

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply Alex. I sent you a pm.

Madpony mine did the same ripped the bumper and the under shield/pan off the car.

AMAlexLazarus

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing a few weeks ago, also blew the inspection cover off too!
The screw holes in the bumper cover were ripped out.
A new bumper cover ( unpainted ) is $ 625 and there is no way the splitter is going to screw back in with the bumper cover ripped on every hole.

I bought a mini weld model 7 plastic welder kit and will be repairing the bumper cover by filling in the holes and redrilling for the screws... all repairs will be hidden by the chin splitter if I decide to not repaint.

I picked up a broken bumper cover from a local body shop to practice on before doing mine.

I am going to take pics of the progress and post here, it seems this is a common problem.

Jeez guys! This is honestly a first hearing about this and I'm not sure where to start!

I'm going to go ahead and have this thread shot over to our contact at Roush so they're made aware of this.

Mad - Shoot me a PM as well so i can get you some help on this.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

AMAlexLazarus

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply Alex. I sent you a pm.

Madpony mine did the same ripped the bumper and the under shield/pan off the car.

PM Received and replied sir. Just let me know what's going to work best for you and I'll get this fixed up for you today.

Alex

Millz

Reaction score
Unfortunately i had this same problem and the splitter ripped off, taking pieces of the bumper where it was attached with it. Contacted Roush and they pretty much said they weren't going to do anything about it because it happened just outside of their 90 day warranty..Hate to say it but will not be supporting Roush anymore after the sh**ty customer service i got.

AMAlexLazarus

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Unfortunately i had this same problem and the splitter ripped off, taking pieces of the bumper where it was attached with it. Contacted Roush and they pretty much said they weren't going to do anything about it because it happened just outside of their 90 day warranty..Hate to say it but will not be supporting Roush anymore after the sh**ty customer service i got.

Hey Millz - I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you had working with them! That's really uncharacteristic of their service.

Was yours purchased direct through Roush?

If you were ever interested in trying another one or something compatible drop me a line and I'll get you set up with a great price.

Alex

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back