Hot Rod cams + Saleen S/C = no boost...

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Lupo, glad fellow forum members helped to find your issue, just read your PM @ mustangforums, good luck.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Lito...I'm hoping that it works out to be the pulley!

Matt, the overdrive pulley is bigger than stock, the underdrive is smaller than stock...if you have a 10% overdrive, it should be bigger than stock shouldn't it??

Unless you have a centrifugal and you're trying to spin the belt faster? idk...

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
yeah the overdrive i just bought is larger than stock but its the exact same size as the crank off the underdrive set i had.... not sure if its susposed to be but it is...

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
thats really weird...underdrives are smaller lol. maybe they had to use a bigger crank to compensate or something, idk...

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
thats really weird...underdrives are smaller lol. maybe they had to use a bigger crank to compensate or something, idk...

disregard my posts on the subject, just went and rechecked and you were right, i was looking at the pulleys wrong. they went underdrive, stock, and the overdrive smaller to larger... and the overdrive is about a half inch larger than stock...

not sure what i was looking at, guess ill blame it on working on the car at 2 am

TOWGUNNER

forum member
Reaction score
lupo222 those are under drive pullies just like the guys pointed out in the picture. you should be good to go with the stock crank pulley. thats why i suggested if you wanted to come over to my place or meet somewhere we could have looked at my car to check out the set up. Glad these guys helped out. let us know how it goes.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
lupo222 those are under drive pullies just like the guys pointed out in the picture. you should be good to go with the stock crank pulley. thats why i suggested if you wanted to come over to my place or meet somewhere we could have looked at my car to check out the set up. Glad these guys helped out. let us know how it goes.

Thanks man...what unit are you with? I assume you're a 52 by the name. You part of WOT?

erat

forum member
Reaction score
What was the hp and boost pressure result after all that?

Need4Speed

Reaction score
Well guys I just spent a long time looking for information about my question on current posts as I am sure it is up here somewhere but I can't find it.
I have an 06 gt with a saleen s/c. It's forged and I am at 428 rwhp/ 10 lbs of boost now. I have a 2.8" upper pulley. I want to add boost/ power. What is the best route? 10% overdrive or 18% overdrive, and if so should I keep the upper pulley the same or could I go smaller?
If anyone can help let me know. I am open to any advice.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back