Reaction score
Did someone say ls swap?
jetenyty.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lol, but I see this can be a nice section, there are a few cars in the forum that may belong here.

We have done 3v's into fox, 65 and old F-150s, those go here?

What about the coyote swaps?

I say yes to all. Matt D's thread of an 05-10 originally with a 3V swapped to a Coyote is in here. 3Vs, as they are original S197 motors, could be great threads swapped into almost anything.

This one?
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/1404516-project-ls197.html

It looks like there are several hits just throwing "S197 LS swap" at teh Google.

WRONGNEIGHBORHOOD.jpg~original

haha, just trying to be funny.

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
IMHO, As long as the target vehicle itself is a S197, any motor swaps belong here, even the sacrilegious ones. Motor swaps into anything else need not apply.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
I say yes to all. Matt D's thread of an 05-10 originally with a 3V swapped to a Coyote is in here. 3Vs, as they are original S197 motors, could be great threads swapped into almost anything.

Then I suggest you moving this one here, this project is actually moving forward still as a aluminator, boss heads, cams and boost is near to be installed into it (and the actual coyote engine going into a new edge too)

STL2SLO

Reaction score
Someone said they figured out how to get the factory gauges to work with the coyote swap. Can anyone confirm that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

blk12wls

Reaction score
Don Bowles did a 6.2 in the S197. Had a ton of help from Roush. They are long time friends. The engine belongs in the Mustang but Ford doesn't get it. Now it's a Euro car, that hopefully gets enough sales to keep it in production. FWIW, an engine is just a pump, I have no issues with using any engine if works for you.

AnconaGT

forum member
Reaction score
The guy that did the sbc 6.2 engine in the s197 is rolling in videos on youtube. Does a lot of street racing. Badass build!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back