Just re-stitched my steering wheel. Here's a How to if anyone cares.

eddypython

forum member
Reaction score
Thx guys.

Sinabite, yes I painted the console my self. I paint all my parts.

Dgann post pics when done bro.

dgann3

forum member
Reaction score
Oh yes.....

adf0849e-2f88-a2eb.jpg

adf0849e-2f99-6b2c.jpg

adf0849e-2fa6-00b9.jpg

adf0849e-2fb3-93e3.jpg

It was surprisingly easy

5.0H

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome write up. I actually bought thread and needles to do this a while back but I chickened out in fear of screwing it up. I gotta do it now that you did this DIY write up. Definitely gonna get that thread since I was hesitant on the thread I purchased. Good work! :thumb:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddypython

forum member
Reaction score
dgann not seeing the pics bro. links are broken. I'd like to see your end result. Kav, it's easy man. Do it and don't look back. You know how ppl say this mod and this mod is the easiest. Well this one trully is cool, cheap and easy. Just time consuming. You can't really mess it up. Unless you got shaky hands and are about to cut the old thread with the knife. Then.. lol it's on you

dgann3

forum member
Reaction score
I'll post some better ones with a better camera. I am still adding a few other things to the interior so once I get it cleaned up I'll post some

51ngh

forum member
Reaction score
a little off topic but does anyone know where can I get the 2008 gt500 steering wheel wrapped in Alcantara. I got a quote from DCTMS.com for $300

08calspecial

forum member
Reaction score
a little off topic but does anyone know where can I get the 2008 gt500 steering wheel wrapped in Alcantara. I got a quote from DCTMS.com for $300

The only wheel I know of that is alcantara is the Boss wheel. They were $240 on tousleyfordparts.com last time I checked.

I think I misread this at first. If you are talking about getting a wheel wrapped in Alcantara, I can't help.

Last edited:

51ngh

forum member
Reaction score
I was talking about getting one wrapped in alcantara since the wheel are different between the model years

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
this is a good diy post. i hooked eddy p up with my thread supplier and he did the rest. i`m glad he did cause ive got one of the new gt500 wheels, half black alcan/half leather i`m gonna restitch in black and put in my 05 at some point. i`m also hoping to find some spoke covers or a way to make the spokes black like the older bullitt wheel. if not i`ll live with the silver spokes.

the bad part is you have to buy a spool which is enough to do a zillion steering wheels, but its not that expensive.

i havent seen eddy p around for a while. are you out there?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back