Just re-stitched my steering wheel. Here's a How to if anyone cares.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OP, I know your recommend size is 138. But they have other options like Bonded - Nominal 16 Oz - 4200 Yards or Bonded - Nominal 2 Oz Spool - 375 Yards for example. What exactly did you get it? I like it and I have the same red interior.

Edit: I just notice the OP last activity log was in 2012...

Last edited:

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
OP, I know your recommend size is 138. But they have other options like Bonded - Nominal 16 Oz - 4200 Yards or Bonded - Nominal 2 Oz Spool - 375 Yards for example. What exactly did you get it? I like it and I have the same red interior.

Edit: I just notice the OP last activity log was in 2012...
not sure what happened to eddy. you want to use the nylon thread. it might say bonded, get the smallest spool for your color. its tough and will last. thats what we use for our armrest covers and parts, but we use #69. the #138 is much thicker for the steering wheels.
http://www.thethreadexchange.com/mi...Store_Code=TTE&Category_Code=nylon-thread-138

Last edited:

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
not sure what happened to eddy. you want to use the nylon thread. it might say bonded, get the smallest spool for your color. its tough and will last. thats what we use for our armrest covers and parts, but we use #69. the #138 is much thicker for the steering wheels.
http://www.thethreadexchange.com/mi...Store_Code=TTE&Category_Code=nylon-thread-138

Sweet. I just ordered the 2oz 138# Scarlet color for under $10 bucks shipped. Let's see if I get around to this.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i just ordered 2 oz of black for mine. the wheel is still in the box so i can do it in the house for a winter project. maybe come spring i can install the wheel.

Nice, I'm not sure if I want to "test" this out with my current steering wheel or scoop up one of those newer gt500's steering wheels and replace the white with the red stitching.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back