Modding a 2011 GT500

Synister500

Reaction score
Got most everything buttoned up last night. Still have to install the BVES sensor. Unfortunately I have to install the factory air intake back on for tuning purposes right now, only until we can get it on a dyno. I'm still contemplating a boost-a-pump, this is a minor thing after everything else I've installed. I've read you do and don't need 1, so we will see after it hits the rollers. Here is a couple pics of what it will look like when it's done with the JLT installed.

ac59b066.jpg

dcdd762e.jpg

Now it's time to move on and get to installing all my new BMR suspension goodies and Dynotech 1 piece drive shaft!

Boozshey

Reaction score
Well JLT argued with me... Said "I HAVE TO HAVE A TUNE" I said F it. Put it on. The car ran, idle, tracked just fine. I still get 21mpg on the highway at 590rwhp. I'd imagine like every change, a retune will be the best.

Hell, I even put on a whipple monoblade throttle body, at one point without a retune and the car still idled fine. I still believe that with the cars coming with an open airbox Ford has programmed the logic to adapt to several new conditions.

If it were me, I'd put the big air on and see if it feel any different. If it feels the same and drives the same I'd leave it on.

Of course still get a tune with all the other changes you have made. ;)

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
What size pulley you running on the 2.9L?

I have a 3.25" on mine. Lund told me I didn't have to do a boost a pump, but that it and stock injectors, stock heat exchanger were my limiting factors. Once I upgraded I would be able to get a little more aggressive tune for more HP. Just did a few upgrades myself...getting ready to go back to the dyno within the week.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1119928#post1119928

Synister500

Reaction score
What size pulley you running on the 2.9L?

I have a 3.25" on mine. Lund told me I didn't have to do a boost a pump, but that it and stock injectors, stock heat exchanger were my limiting factors. Once I upgraded I would be able to get a little more aggressive tune for more HP. Just did a few upgrades myself...getting ready to go back to the dyno within the week.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1119928#post1119928

I have a 3.25" and a 3" pulley. Ive ben told, with the size of the whipple TB and JLT intake the 3.25 pulley should net 18 psi +/- a little. My goal is to have a race tune made with the 3" pulley (20 psi) and 102 octane. If the 3.25 pulley doesn't get to 18 psi I'll use the 3" pulley and get a smaller one for a race tune.

These arrived this weekend.

c04ce99c.jpg

No more broken tensioner problems!

d4f97e0c.jpg

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
I have the 3.25" pulley. Had it on the dyno yesterday and saw a peak of 18.8lbs of boost. One of my friends has an 09 GT500 with similar mods to ours. He has 1 7/8" long tubes, but factory the rest of the way back...running a 3" pulley he was seeing around ~21.5lbs. Everyone I've talked to said don't run over 19lbs without race gas! That's the reason why I haven't thrown on a 3". Race gas is too expensive for me to keep that much on hand (I can afford it, just don't want to)...and I know that I'm too lazy to switch my pulley back and forth :)

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
My prayers would be answered!

Kinda what I was thinking along with a TVS blower. Id bet it becomes an exclusive SVT car as well, no more Shelby.

They've already stated that they're going to be putting the TVS SC on the new GT500s. And MMR has already bored a new 2011+ block into a 5.8L. They said it's way easier than the old GT blocks. Also you don't have all that additional machine work to do, and the new block has better cooling and more strength.

As for the Shelby name...I think as long as it has the GT500 name on it, it'll still have his name. However, that man isn't getting any younger, and I doubt they'll keep his name once he's gone.

Synister500

Reaction score
Some more work getting done today. First I would like to thank Kelly at BMR for getting some of my suspension parts out to me in a rush. They changed the bushings on the upper control arms which caused them to be back ordered. The new poly bushings are beefy and bad ass. All the BMR parts went in like a dream.

BMR billet lower control arms

55f7d0e6.jpg

BMR lower control arm relocation brackets

70cee2d8.jpg

BMR adjustable panhard bar

e641a7e8.jpg

BMR adjustable upper control arm and mount (Dynotech aluminum DS going in later tonight)

19f3d2b5.jpg

BMR DS loop Safety 1st!

d6a24679.jpg

Almost done and ready to fire it up!

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Those LCA are very nice!! I had heard BMR was redesigning their billet LCAs and have been waiting to see a set. I may have to call Kelly tomorrow and inquire if these are readily available

Last edited:

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Id like those LCA's in Red please.

Just spoke to Kyle at BMR (Kelly is at NMRA), only available in black. I have a set already laid out for me to pick up later today. I'll finally be able to get rid of the last Steeda item I have on my vehicle.

I plan on planting the Steeda LCAs in the back yard next to multiple TCI torque converters so I can piss on all of them each morning.

Synister500

Reaction score
Just spoke to Kyle at BMR (Kelly is at NMRA), only available in black. I have a set already laid out for me to pick up later today. I'll finally be able to get rid of the last Steeda item I have on my vehicle.

I plan on planting the Steeda LCAs in the back yard next to multiple TCI torque converters so I can piss on all of them each morning.

LMAO! You will not be disappointed!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back