Modern Warfare 3

TonyGT

Low and Slow
Reaction score
PS3? I agree somewhat Kimmer, this quick scoping bullshit is pissing me off and it seems like MW2 with different maps. I mean I didnt hate MW2 but I didnt love it either, I to miss the old SOCOM 2 and there will NEVER be another game like it.

Agreed there will never be a game as awesome as socom 2, but MW3 is pretty good.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Medal of Honor is the best and most realistic modern game out of the three. It gets no credit though because of poor weapon selection and it's too easy to max out your multiplayer persona. If they redo another one I will definitely be a player!!

Socom was the shit...

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
This is a badass game def better than black ops played online a bit at buddies house and it kicked ass and the campaign mode a little bit also that isick who wouldve thought fighting the russians on wallstreet? And taking over a sub pretty sweet

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
PS3? I agree somewhat Kimmer, this quick scoping bullshit is pissing me off and it seems like MW2 with different maps. I mean I didnt hate MW2 but I didnt love it either, I to miss the old SOCOM 2 and there will NEVER be another game like it.

Xbox 360, the only thing I use my ps3 for is Socom Confrontation and blue rays...lol. Other than that, I hate my ps3 for gaming.

DeceptionGT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
I haven't bought the new one yet, but feel free to add me if you have PS3. My user name is JBSVT

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
I must be one of the few that think it sicks ass. Basically they relabeled mw2. Same quick scoping bullshit as the last one, syncing between players is fucking horrible (barely see.them and im dead, but replay shows me come around the corner and run halfway down they road as he sprays me), zero communication and playing together as a team. Hit detection is complete garbage unless you quick scope. Its just pure crackhead run and gun with no purpose....I miss socom, and definitely like bf3 better and black ops better. I'll keep my bf3 for the days I get overly pissed at this shitty ass game, but of course im still going to play it because all my friends are and I paid for that non-working crap called cod elite......that of course doesn't work either. Nice job infinity ward and activision on yet another joke of a game that wasn't ready for launch.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You should have rented it from Red Box. $2 for the night. I picked it up and plan on playing tonight/tomorrow. If I don't like it, oh well, only $2 spent. I have been doing this with quite a few games recently and the only one I am considering buying is Dead Island.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
I played it tonight. One of the Marines had it and we played together some. Thank God I did so I know to save $60 on it. What an AWFUL attempt from infinity ward. That game ain't got shit on BF3!! No way no how. Graphics suck, gameplay sucks, everything about it sucks. I'd rather play MW 1 or 2 if I ever get the itch...fortunately BF3 is my benadryl for now.

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
I played BF2 and thought it was the worst game I've ever played then thought I would give the BF3 beta a shot and nope still fucking garbage... MW2 was fuckin bad ass to me and I raped all the time on it and black ops sucked dick except for zombies and the wager matches and MW3 is bad ass. Infinity Ward is definitely the better of the COD makers IMO. Also ps3 sucks for gaming Xbox is the way to go! Just my opinions

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
I played BF2 and thought it was the worst game I've ever played then thought I would give the BF3 beta a shot and nope still fucking garbage... MW2 was fuckin bad ass to me and I raped all the time on it and black ops sucked dick except for zombies and the wager matches and MW3 is bad ass. Infinity Ward is definitely the better of the COD makers IMO. Also ps3 sucks for gaming Xbox is the way to go! Just my opinions

What about bf3 do you think is garbage?

MW3 is the same game IW has been throwing at us since it's release. The movement is slow, it's gameplay is completely arcade like, and the "real" factor is garbage. BF3 had the right idea in breaking a 12 man squad up into three man fire teams and making comm predominantly in your fire team. It forces you to try to work as a team instead of the garbage run n gun and its all about me mentality of MW3.

The controls in MW3 are lame. The maps are crummy. Too open. You get a kill and everyone in the map turns to you and lights you up. The dog tag recovery is gay as hell. After playing with an interactive environment in BF3, MW maps are just flat out boring. The vehicles in BF give it a great twist and make it interesting. The weaponry is much more realistic in BF. Although I'd still like to see the 240B and other big LMGs go away. It's almost impossible to accurately fire a SAW from the standing...a 240: no way no how.

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Like I said I played the beta BF3 and it was terrible. Just not my style bro and BF2 was horrible I rented it and played it for 10 minutes and figured out that I wasted my money renting that. I don't play the dogtag thing on MW3 and I am good at MW3 so I don't get lit up when I kill someone. Yea there are some unrealistic things about it but who cares I'm just playing a video game I'm glad he can run and stand with a big ass LMG like it's no problem.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
What about bf3 do you think is garbage?

MW3 is the same game IW has been throwing at us since it's release. The movement is slow, it's gameplay is completely arcade like, and the "real" factor is garbage. BF3 had the right idea in breaking a 12 man squad up into three man fire teams and making comm predominantly in your fire team. It forces you to try to work as a team instead of the garbage run n gun and its all about me mentality of MW3.

The controls in MW3 are lame. The maps are crummy. Too open. You get a kill and everyone in the map turns to you and lights you up. The dog tag recovery is gay as hell. After playing with an interactive environment in BF3, MW maps are just flat out boring. The vehicles in BF give it a great twist and make it interesting. The weaponry is much more realistic in BF. Although I'd still like to see the 240B and other big LMGs go away. It's almost impossible to accurately fire a SAW from the standing...a 240: no way no how.

MW slow paced? What are you smoking?

I've played both, and BF2 was way slower than MW2.

Also, more realistic guns? I didn't know the Barrett .50 cal was still a single shot 5 round gun in 2005.... Really realistic.

Do you know how easy it is to snipe in BF2? In MW1, 2 and 3, when aiming, the scope actually moves around like a person holding the rifle would do. BF2, no sir, the scope is perfectly still. Here's another fine example. I've shot people mid range with a barrett .50 cal, in the chest, and upper torso, guess what, they don't die. I've yet to shoot someone in the chest or face with any kind of sniper rifle in the MW series and the person living to shoot my ass back.

Vehicles are cool, but get boring. The maps in MW3 open? Dude, WTF! They are mainly buildings and villages, etc. Sniping is incredibly difficult and camping is even more challenging. It takes 5 minutes on foot to get from one side of a map in BF2. Not to mention, majority of the people are snipers.

I know you are in the army, so tell me this. How does one in BF2 come in close proximity with a Heli attack shooting missles, and lives? Yet, in MW3, if you are near an explosion, it's basically instant death...

Both are good games, but I think you are a little too biased in your comment man.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
BF game play is too slow for me. I like the fast paced arcade style of MW3. COD was never meant to be super realistic, just look realistic. BF was meant to feel realistic.

Heres my 2 cents

MW3
Pros- Fast paced gameplay, more weapon customization, better weapon options, better graphics(MP only) better sound effects, and plenty of game modes, Domination, Team Defender, Kill Confirmed, free for all, search and destroy, sabatoge, headquarters, servers are better. epic campaign

Cons - some of the kill streaks are really annoying, IE Juggernaut armor, some lag issues which result in you getting killed quicker or you barely see them and they kill you. fast paced gameplay-sometimes too fast

BF3 - Pros more realistic, bigger maps allwoing for different playstyles vehicles. wide weapon selection, amazing graphics (campaign)

cons- you blind people with lasers and flashlights, vehicles, maps are too big, servers suck, less weapon customization, useless explosives, 3 game modes- team deathmatch, rush and concquest

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
MW slow paced? What are you smoking?

I've played both, and BF2 was way slower than MW2.

Also, more realistic guns? I didn't know the Barrett .50 cal was still a single shot 5 round gun in 2005.... Really realistic.

Do you know how easy it is to snipe in BF2? In MW1, 2 and 3, when aiming, the scope actually moves around like a person holding the rifle would do. BF2, no sir, the scope is perfectly still. Here's another fine example. I've shot people mid range with a barrett .50 cal, in the chest, and upper torso, guess what, they don't die. I've yet to shoot someone in the chest or face with any kind of sniper rifle in the MW series and the person living to shoot my ass back.

Vehicles are cool, but get boring. The maps in MW3 open? Dude, WTF! They are mainly buildings and villages, etc. Sniping is incredibly difficult and camping is even more challenging. It takes 5 minutes on foot to get from one side of a map in BF2. Not to mention, majority of the people are snipers.

I know you are in the army, so tell me this. How does one in BF2 come in close proximity with a Heli attack shooting missles, and lives? Yet, in MW3, if you are near an explosion, it's basically instant death...

Both are good games, but I think you are a little too biased in your comment man.

The SASR is a semi auto .50 rifle with a 5 (i believe) round magazine. I haven't unlocked the Barrett so I can't comment. In BF3, the weapons are all over the place, as they would be in real life without trigger control or bipods or slightly better with a broomstick (Foregrip for you civi's).

When I say open, I don't mean "huge" i mean that there is someone coming at your from 5 different places no matter where you are on the map.

I'm not in the Army, I'm a Marine, and I'm not biased...this is my first BF game in the series i've owned. If anything, I'm MW3 biased. I played COD 1, 2, skipped 3, MW1, MW2, skipped WW and played Black Ops. The only good ones were MW 1/2 and 3 is almost the same thing but its like they tried TOO hard.

My favorite is Medal of Honor for the utmost realism you can get in a game but its online play is lacking horribly. I still enjoyed it though. BF3 is the second closest. MW3 is just an arcade game. I feel like I need to insert 2 quarters to conitnue after I get shot.

Back