My First House Mod

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I haven’t been doing a lot of posting lately, mostly because I’ve been a little busy. Anyone who’s seen my car knows that ‘getting carried away’ is where my projects usually start, and this is no exception.

This is a couple of before shots, and I’ve never been one for the dramatic use of color.

DSC01678.jpg

DSC01707Small.jpg

I’ve always been a big fan of wood, and the log cabin look in particular, so I took some of this…….

DSC00763.jpg

And turned it into this…..

DSC01754.jpg

The carpeting is temporary until I get the radiant floor heating done, then it will be cork flooring.

Here’s a couple of during shots…

100_0206.jpg

DSC00785.jpg

The stuff I’ve designed / built from scratch include the fireplace mantle, all the switch plate / speaker / TV mounts and the indirect lighting box at the top of the wall. I can now start on the kitchen / dining room on the other side of the house, which is partially visible in the very first photo.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
That looks awesome! Nice job! :thumb: And its a perfect style for Colorado.

Steps

forum member
Reaction score
Wow...that looks MUCH better!!

Has a "warmer" feeling to it!

Very nice work!

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looks great man, Is this going to make your home more energy efficient?

The logs do have a R value of 3.5, but the bigger change will be all the leaks, holes and crap construction I'm fixing as I go. I'm also adding a 1 1/2" foam insulation between the siding and the cinder blocks, so all told I'm probably adding a R-10 or better. I found more air leaks than you can believe.

07ToRcH

Torch Red FTW
Reaction score
The logs do have a R value of 3.5, but the bigger change will be all the leaks, holes and crap construction I'm fixing as I go. I'm also adding a 1 1/2" foam insulation between the siding and the cinder blocks, so all told I'm probably adding a R-10 or better. I found more air leaks than you can believe.

Is the R value of the logs 3.5 per inch or is that overall?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back