My First Youtube Video!

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Ya, I notice I was moving around way to much! I just got in my chest mount and I will be trying that out when I re-do the Vette video with Ryan. I think with my height and the Vette being so low, it should be a good POV. Dum question of the day, what is a B roll shot? I'm guessing that is the "cut to shot" your referring to.

B roll is just another shot to cut to. It can just be another angle of the subject (Ex: close up to a wide shot),

interview-examples-opt.jpg

or it can be a shot of a different scene. Example of the latter is a historian is talking about the World Trade Center, and, in the A shot, they are focused on his face.

Ancient-Aliens.jpg

Then when they go to the B shot, it is footage of the World Trade Center while he is still talking (not necessarily being in the shot either).

1wtc-wtcprogress.jpg

Which Ryan are we referring to? LOL

07TGGT is Ryan :p.

Fuck you lol

It is all good fun, Ryan.

:beer:

Last edited:

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
The video is a little long. It did feel natural and conversational which is a good thing, but only Quentin Tarantino can make extended dialog interesting. Edit some of the BS'ing out and get to the point.

Also... how do you people deal with that accent?! :omfg:

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
B roll is just another shot to cut to. It can just be another angle of the subject (Ex: close up to a wide shot),

interview-examples-opt.jpg

or it can be a shot of a different scene. Example of the latter is a historian is talking about the World Trade Center, and, in the A shot, they are focused on his face.

Ancient-Aliens.jpg

Then when they go to the B shot, it is footage of the World Trade Center while he is still talking (not necessarily being in the shot either).

1wtc-wtcprogress.jpg

07TGGT is Ryan :p.

It is all good fun, Ryan.

:beer:

I know 07TGGT is Ryan, however, my buddy in the video (who is also short, lol!) is name Ryan. With Respect to the A and B shots. I like those types of shots. You can see in my video I tried doing that when I was talking about my rims, however, the movie maker that came with the computer can't do that. I now have Vegas Movie Maker and now I can use "B footage" while playing audi from "A footage".

The video is a little long. It did feel natural and conversational which is a good thing, but only Quentin Tarantino can make extended dialog interesting. Edit some of the BS'ing out and get to the point.

Also... how do you people deal with that accent?! :omfg:

I appreciate the feedback 46Tbird. I want all positive and negative (or lets says constructive criticism) for my videos. Do keep in mind though my attitude with my "first" video was lets just go out and make a video knowing it wasn't going to be anything near perfect. That day I literally was like "hey Ryan, lets go make a video and see how it goes." There was no planning and all I had at the time was a GoPro Hero 1.

With respect to what I bolded. I feel like most car reviews on Youtube are "no bs & right to the point". I'm trying to be different. I'm not saying your wrong. My plan is to learn as I go and make adjustments. I did edit a good amount out actually. I kept the conversation's that were related to the vehicle and a couple of funny moments that I thought would keep people interested and make them laugh. BTW, that accident is no big deal for us Jersey people. Keep the feedback coming!

Last edited:

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:snoopfacepalm:
So I did my first vlog! Although I kept saying vblog. I need a mic bad! Actually, I have a mic but it doesn't work with the gopro 1 nor the cheap oh. Lots of room for improvements, Hope i don't bore you guys to bad!

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Not bad. I agree with the need of a mic. A lot of "shock noise" was getting into the audio. Possibly get a better mount for that camera to where it doesn't shake so much.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not bad. I agree with the need of a mic. A lot of "shock noise" was getting into the audio. Possibly get a better mount for that camera to where it doesn't shake so much.

Thank you Boaisy! I actually just upload the review I did on my buddy's new Honda Accord. Once again, lots of room for improvement. But you have to start some where. I'm so pissed off how bad the pan shots came out. I need to focus more on them.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just want to share my latest video with you guys! I've made a total of 7 videos with my latest being a 88 cammed fox. Check it out! Let me know your thoughts!

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
Very cool videos man! I made the first comment on your last vid. That 88 reminded me so much of my 89, very similar just a shade darker of a blue.

I did the same thing when i first tried to buckle a harness, i was like how does this thing work....lol

Keep it up!

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very cool videos man! I made the first comment on your last vid. That 88 reminded me so much of my 89, very similar just a shade darker of a blue.

I did the same thing when i first tried to buckle a harness, i was like how does this thing work....lol

Keep it up!

Ya, I lost my train of though and called the harness "straps", lol! I appreciate the comments! My turbo 3v makes more power then his fox, however, my car does not lay down rubber like that! Good old fashion torque!

I actually found an old pic :(

That looks badass! The blue on the 88 from the video I think is similar if not the sonic blue they did on the Mustang Cobra.

sonicblue-jpg.22

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Just got around to watching your first video, johnny. Not bad at all. Sounds like you guys were having a good time riding around, and I like your attitude. Y'all don't seem to take yourselves or your car too seriously.

Just my $0.02, it was a little long for what it was. Unless you are doing an in depth car review, I'd keep it under 10 minutes. It's easier to brush off work to watch a 5-10 minute video than it is to take time to watch a 15 minute video. Unless it's Roadkill, of course.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just got around to watching your first video, johnny. Not bad at all. Sounds like you guys were having a good time riding around, and I like your attitude. Y'all don't seem to take yourselves or your car too seriously.

Just my $0.02, it was a little long for what it was. Unless you are doing an in depth car review, I'd keep it under 10 minutes. It's easier to brush off work to watch a 5-10 minute video than it is to take time to watch a 15 minute video. Unless it's Roadkill, of course.

I appreciate the positive feedback TGR96! Check out my Cammed 88 fox video which is 4 threads up just about. I think its just over 10 minutes long. I open to all suggestions considering I've never done anything like this. I really look forward to (at least I hope) to improving my videos and making them more "enjoyable" for the audience to watch.

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
Ya, I lost my train of though and called the harness "straps", lol! I appreciate the comments! My turbo 3v makes more power then his fox, however, my car does not lay down rubber like that! Good old fashion torque!

That looks badass! The blue on the 88 from the video I think is similar if not the sonic blue they did on the Mustang Cobra.

sonicblue-jpg.22

Thanks man! Yeah mine was a dark blue metallic, the pic kinda sucks, but i think its the only one I have. I still think the ol 5.0 is the best sounding motor. I've gone through about 10 exhausts trying to make mine sound kind of similar....lol

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! Yeah mine was a dark blue metallic, the pic kinda sucks, but i think its the only one I have. I still think the ol 5.0 is the best sounding motor. I've gone through about 10 exhausts trying to make mine sound kind of similar....lol

Making your 3v sound like the old 5.0? You won't, lol. I was a big fan of the Macs on I had my 3v. Prob my most favorite exhaust so far.

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
Making your 3v sound like the old 5.0? You won't, lol. I was a big fan of the Macs on I had my 3v. Prob my most favorite exhaust so far.

Yeah i know...lol I made a worthy effort. im pretty happy with the sound now.

Sorry to thread jack, back to the cool videos :cheersman:

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah i know...lol I made a worthy effort. im pretty happy with the sound now.

Sorry to thread jack, back to the cool videos :cheersman:

It's cool. I wish I started this when I got my GT years ago. Ive done so much with it lol.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As most of you know by my other thread, I blew my motor at the racetrack a few weeks back. On the positive side, I made a video on it to add to my YouTube channel, check it out!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back