My FX-R Retrofit

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
I may have to make a new thread for this question in case there isn't much traffic but I'm curious if anyone knows how to get the foglights to turn on with the unlock instead of the headlights? I know it has to do with the Perimeter Lighting feature and also know that the Factory HID equipped Mustang's do this. Currently my perimeter feature is turned off but honestly I would like it be on but just have the foglights come instead of the headlights IE: HID's.

I've found a few things on this before in the past but am having trouble finding much of anything now.

http://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/do-your-fog-lights-come-when-you-unlock-remote-476168/

I'm sure this may be something a Ford Tech may be able to do but unfortunately I really don't have any connections and I can only imagine trying to explain/ask this to a Dealer...

Any help or info is appreciated!

VolDead08

Mustang Addict
Reaction score
I also tried looking into this, I know you can disable and enable them, unfortunately, I cannot enable them on my car, I have already tried. There has to be some kind of wiring or something that enables the fog lights to come on instead of the headlights. Maybe look into running a relay so that when the dome lights come on with unlock, the fog lights come on? The only problem I would see with that, is that the dome lights dim out, instead of just instant off.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have more pictures of your car with these retrofits?

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
25524846761_07e2ae52d1_c.jpg

24987025054_27affb16e1_c.jpg

Back