my GT, studio shots!

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
I do this kind of stuff in 3d all the time, but this was my first chance to try it in real life, different limitations, but in general it was much the same. :) Figured I'd pimp these around a bit, hopefully folks enjoy them as much as I do. I think I enjoyed shooting them more than I do the results! haha!

More angles to come, including some 4x5" B&W film shots. These still need a bit of clean up here and there, but these are looking good.

gt_studio_02.jpg

gt_studio_03.jpg

and the setup (for the 1st shot) The studio was quite small (I'm guessing it's not really designed for shooting cars), not much room to move around in and the main big soft box up overhead couldn't be moved very much at all. Things turned out ok though.

gt_studio_01.jpg

RedFury

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those are some beautiful shots! Believe it or not, I really like the one where you can see the actual studio. Can you lose the front license plate?

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
yep, that's my old portfolio site from when I was in college. I need to update it. You can see my current work at www.swaystudio.com I don't really post up my danielbuck.net site anymore because it's not current, most everything on there is 4 years old or older, it's not quite up to par with what I do now. Need to update it for sure!

Last edited:

s1roush

forum member
Reaction score
yep, that's my old portfolio site from when I was in college. I need to update it. You can see my current work at www.swaystudio.com I don't really post up my danielbuck.net site anymore because it's not current, most everything on there is 4 years old or older, it's not quite up to par with what I do now. Need to update it for sure!

Thats cool as hell, I use to go to your site for help and use your tutorials for chrome, billet, car window materials, etc.

Do you have any renders of your mustang?

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
Thats cool as hell, I use to go to your site for help and use your tutorials for chrome, billet, car window materials, etc.

Do you have any renders of your mustang?

never got a chance to refine these (don't do much 3d in my spare time much anymore, I do photography now) but I started this earlier this year:

mustang_3d_v02.jpg

and some crops of the full image:

mustang_3d_v03.jpg

Last edited:

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
one from the 4x5. that's all I can update till next week, I'm out of town tomorrow morning. have the 90 megapixel digital stitch images to work on next, to print a nice big poster :-D

gt_studio_04.jpg

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That looks sweet!!! Yea, I like the one where you can see the studio too.

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
Great pics. I love the first one. Your car is so shiney you can see the wrinkles in the cloth above your car on your hood. Makes it look like it has a grain effect.

I would love to get studio shots of my car you are very lucky to be able to do this so take full advantage and keep posting your pics so we can remain jealous of you forever:rock:

speedofsound

The gauge pod guy
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fantastic!!!

Please, please, please let me put that shot in our customer gallery of my website! If you have any other great shots showing our pods, that would be cool too. I wouldn't not remove/crop your info, unless you preferred.

Let me know, and nice work!

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
Please, please, please let me put that shot in our customer gallery of my website! If you have any other great shots showing our pods, that would be cool too. I wouldn't not remove/crop your info, unless you preferred.

Sure, you may put it up there in the gallery :) If you want a close up crop, send me an email - dnsfailure at gmail.com

What is your camera/lens/lighting setup?

the digital camera is a Canon 1Ds2, the lens is a Zeiss f2.8/28mm, Zeiss f1.7/50mm and Canon f1.2/85mm. (50 and 85 were used for stitching a grid of images) I don't know much about the lights, some of the lights were the studio lights, and some were my friends lights. one large softbox above the car, a few small point lights accenting a few things, a soft circle light hitting the grill. The big softbox and the circle light had 'hot' bulbs in them so you can see them with out the flash, the rest were flash only, so you don't see them lit up in the shot that shows the studio.

the 4x5 is a Wista Zone VI, with a Schneider f5.6/135mm, same light setup.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back