My review of JDM:

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
Got the answer - Jim Sr. likes to see new cam phasers put in at the same time as the cams - in 2008 alone, there have been three part number updates to the cam phasers - more than 20 since they came out in the 2005 model Mustangs.

bad06gt

Reaction score
my experience with 2v cams is that unless you lock the cam gears down, the gear will attempt to turn therefor causing bad timing and bending a valve. Been there, done that. It's worth the extra effort to make sure you get it correct. :thumb:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Got the answer - Jim Sr. likes to see new cam phasers put in at the same time as the cams - in 2008 alone, there have been three part number updates to the cam phasers - more than 20 since they came out in the 2005 model Mustangs.
Adam just put new phasers in mine too... precisely because of all the changes over the years. But I kept the stock cams. :thumb:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Adam just put new phasers in mine too... precisely because of all the changes over the years. But I kept the stock cams. :thumb:

I actually think that the stock cams are pretty good, the only reason I got the Comp Cams is because I was over seas when most of my build was going on and my car was stored, so I got new heads and cams all together.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back