Need an Oil Seperator on the new 5.0? YEP!!

N20JUNKY

forum member
Reaction score
I broke mine and jay offered to replace it, great customer service in my book

Jefro

forum member
Reaction score
My JLT seperator connectors broke today. I literly just touched it and the plastic connector broke in half. I sent JLT an email. I've got pictures also. What can I expect now?

He will ship you new fittings and clamps

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
My JLT seperator connectors broke today. I literly just touched it and the plastic connector broke in half. I sent JLT an email. I've got pictures also. What can I expect now?

Very common failure with this part, poorly made and a lot of replacements have had to be given out.

Guy at the track tonight had one causing a vacuum leak at the threads where the top and bottom screw together, made the car surge at idle. Remove can, no more idle problem. Good part to avoid.

george06

forum member
Reaction score
I have a question, does it matters which hose goes where? or do intake hose goes on the left and valve cover hose goes on the right?? Or viceversa. Thank you.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I have a question, does it matters which hose goes where? or do intake hose goes on the left and valve cover hose goes on the right?? Or viceversa. Thank you.

The intake hose should be on the left if you are facing the engine with the separator oriented to where the "JLT" logo is reading left to right. So the valve cover hose should be on the right.

george06

forum member
Reaction score
The intake hose should be on the left if you are facing the engine with the separator oriented to where the "JLT" logo is reading left to right. So the valve cover hose should be on the right.

Thank you, i had it wrong. :dunce:

JDos1

forum member
Reaction score
Very common failure with this part, poorly made and a lot of replacements have had to be given out.

Guy at the track tonight had one causing a vacuum leak at the threads where the top and bottom screw together, made the car surge at idle. Remove can, no more idle problem. Good part to avoid.

Don't see why you should avoid the separator entirely just because the plastic fittings broke. JLT shipped out aluminum replacement fittings for anyone needing them the day after they were notified for free. Great customer service and a great quality product.

Also, with your friends, he evidently had a slice in the o-ring or was missing it entirely if you're talking about where the two can halves come together. Otherwise, with the o-ring in place, it's sealed pretty dang tight.

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
Got your email and replacements will go out today.

My, My Danner, you'll say just about anything to bash JLT won't you?
We use a thick O ring to seal the two halfs as well as some very nicely machined threads.
Too funny

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
We use a thick O ring to seal the two halfs as well as some very nicely machined threads.
Too funny

It is kind of funny, because you try to act like things of this nature never happen, but it certainly did.

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
Not at all, as you can see in these 26 pages of us explaining about fitting failures and what we are doing about it.

Never said it never happens, we own up to it, but we also take care of it everytime it does.

What I said is it's unlikely it had a vacuum leak at the threads to the tank due to it's construction.
It may have a plastic fitting that needs to be replaced and he can contact me about that ;)

fake

2011 Black 5.0
Reaction score
Got your email and replacements will go out today.

Thanks Jay! I got an email today before I even got to work this morning; stating my replacement parts had already beed shipped. Awesome customer service!:thumb2:

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
They have aluminum? My elbow just broke.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
Thanks. I've already ordered some brass fittings from mcmaster that will be here tomorrow. They do come in a 90.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back