New PB 9.68 @ 143.49 1.39 60ft

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Went today to PBIR to a Track Day organized by Need2Speed.com

We had a great day , 1st cool air we've had down in Florida, was a little windy with a 10 to 15 mph head wind and partly cloudy , thank goodness it didn't rain.

Was able to make 6 passes and got the shiftpoints down until I up'd the boost again.

The car 60fts great with this converter but it slips too much only 108 in the 8th , Im curious if I tighten it up a little if it will hurt my 60ft but help my mph?

Im pretty happy with the car . This pass was with the boost controller set at 22 psi's with a 100 shot . I hit the nitrous mid way thru 2nd .

n2s.jpg

Pete

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I want to see video! Pictures? Anything. Come on, don't hold out on us---that car must look good going down the track for sure.

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
I want to see video! Pictures? Anything. Come on, don't hold out on us---that car must look good going down the track for sure.

Your going to Kill Me but we had put away the GoPro since it looked like it might start to rain ,and my Best Friend left right before Imade that run and took the HD Camera. I have NO VIDEO . Im hoping since there were soo many guys at the line b/c we were the last group to go that someone video taped it .
Tomorrow I should be able to upload a cool video from the rear of the car on a 9.95 pass with a 1.41 60ft .

Pete

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
That is BAD ASS Pete!!! Congratulations!

Thanks Nick , I think I can get it into the 9.40s with this combo. I may have to tighten up the converter just a little . Seems like on the datalog Im driving thru the converter in second when the load and power really kick in .

Pete

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Daaaaaaaamn! Quick question, even though it's very naive, does it scare the shit out of you when you are going that fast??

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Daaaaaaaamn! Quick question, even though it's very naive, does it scare the shit out of you when you are going that fast??

No not at all , the car goes straight down the track doesn't feel like its going that fast at all. Im going to load a video later today . Video is from a 9.95 pass with a 1.41 60ft.

Pete

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you can ever get an "in the car" video, that would be awesome.

Congrats, Pete.

jeostang

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats Pete,

How much boost are you leaving with? Are you using the AMS controller?

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats Pete! Dam that rear shot looks sick. Replace cam with chute what ya?

Can't wait to get my CS rear bumper on after seeing yours o_O

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
If you can ever get an "in the car" video, that would be awesome.

Congrats, Pete.

Here ya go this is a in car video of my 9.90 @ 137 w 1.40 60ft .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwZG2KL5tAQ

Congrats Pete,

How much boost are you leaving with? Are you using the AMS controller?

Not using the AMS 1000 yet . Yesterday since the weather was cool for us for the 1st time noticed something new . Usually with the 2 step set at 4000 I see 10psi's , but yesterday it was 12 psi's and I was breaking the tires loose . On the last pass I made sure to keep my eye's on the boost gauge and let the TB go when I saw 10 psi's , and had my best 60ft of the day with a 1.39.

Congratulations Pete. Looks like the next mod may be a chute!

Thanks , Next mod is a 9 sec cage , and a Digi Set timer for the Nitrous.

With the timer Im pretty sure I can go 9.50s.

With a little weight reduction and tighter converter I think it can go in the 20s. Im a little nervous about changing the converter , I don't want to
hurt the 60ft times but I can tell its a little too loose in 1st and 2nd . I lock it up in 3rd.

Pete

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow. Thanks for posting that.

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I always wondered about locking it in 3rd and did'nt know if I should or if others did. Dose it help the et or just the mph?

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great job Pete! At that MPH - you've got more ET in it!

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
I always wondered about locking it in 3rd and did'nt know if I should or if others did. Dose it help the et or just the mph?

Helps the MPH more then the ET . Next time out I will make a pass without lock up see what it does to my ET. Although my converter is a little more on the loose side . So it could hurt my ET alot.

Pete

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Great job Pete! At that MPH - you've got more ET in it!

Hey Mark thanks, yea I know the car has more in it . The converter not being tight enough could be hurting the ET a little . Went a 6.220 @ 108 in the 1/8th . It should be more like 112.

Will keep trying different tranny tunes to see if I can get it into the 40s or 50s.

Pete

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Mark thanks, yea I know the car has more in it . The converter not being tight enough could be hurting the ET a little . Went a 6.220 @ 108 in the 1/8th . It should be more like 112.

Will keep trying different tranny tunes to see if I can get it into the 40s or 50s.

Pete

Is the converter set to loose or is it flashing too high? I've been though my share of converters and one of the big issues I would have was the stall set for one thing - but the flash under boost being much higher. I eventually started getting my converters set around 500-1000 under what I really wanted - this actually worked well...lol

I know you probably don't want to hear this but the converters hold much better in the TH400's and glides than they do in the 4r70's. I have never had an issue with the continental in my th400 and had problems with flashing on every single 4r70 converter I tried (which was many)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back