New PB 9.68 @ 143.49 1.39 60ft

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Mark thanks, yea I know the car has more in it . The converter not being tight enough could be hurting the ET a little . Went a 6.220 @ 108 in the 1/8th . It should be more like 112.

Will keep trying different tranny tunes to see if I can get it into the 40s or 50s.

Pete
Yah, if you look at my 9.8 slip I went 112mph with a 6.300 and if you were spraying in 2nd you should be even faster than that. What was your best mph in the 1/8th before your current setup w/ spray?

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Is the converter set to loose or is it flashing too high? I've been though my share of converters and one of the big issues I would have was the stall set for one thing - but the flash under boost being much higher. I eventually started getting my converters set around 500-1000 under what I really wanted - this actually worked well...lol

I know you probably don't want to hear this but the converters hold much better in the TH400's and glides than they do in the 4r70's. I have never had an issue with the continental in my th400 and had problems with flashing on every single 4r70 converter I tried (which was many)

Mark I think its flash when the power comes in hard the rpms sound much faster then what the car is accelarating .
Ive talked to Chris @ Circle D and Im leaning towards ordering a new converter a little tighter then what I have with a 3200 to 3400 stall .

My Converter now will stall instantly to about 3600 and climb to 4100 maybe more on the Brake.

Pete

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Yah, if you look at my 9.8 slip I went 112mph with a 6.300 and if you were spraying in 2nd you should be even faster than that. What was your best mph in the 1/8th before your current setup w/ spray?

Nick never hit the spray before. My previous converter had a 3000 stall and I had a 78mm Precision with a .96 a/r. The car would take a little too long to spool , I could never leave on green with a sportsman Tree.

I changed the converter to a 3400 and went to a 74mmbb Precision with a .81 a/r. Now it comes in real hard and its probably flashing like Mark was saying.

Your converter is a 3600 stall but seems to be tight enough not hurting your 1/8th mph.

I need to talk to Chris some more .

Pete

Long Stroke

forum member
Reaction score
No not at all , the car goes straight down the track doesn't feel like its going that fast at all. Im going to load a video later today . Video is from a 9.95 pass with a 1.41 60ft.

Pete

Must be that suspension you got :highfive:

Like on other boards, CONGRATS MAN!!! You have that car flying. Best thing it's one of the CLEANEST S197's you will fine around. Don't forget my pics brother!!

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Must be that suspension you got :highfive:

Like on other boards, CONGRATS MAN!!! You have that car flying. Best thing it's one of the CLEANEST S197's you will fine around. Don't forget my pics brother!!

Hahaahaha, Thanks Boda , Im waiting to see all the pics from the N2S Track Event , it was lifting the tires so I want to get you a good one.

Can you believe that 60ft 1.39 in a 4000 lbs car on Drag Radials.

Pete

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
just watched that video. Nice run. Your TB button is in an odd spot, seems a little awkward to me. But if it's what you're used to and it works for you...

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Pete, nice times man!!

I also watched the episode of Pass Time Monday night...

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
just watched that video. Nice run. Your TB button is in an odd spot, seems a little awkward to me. But if it's what you're used to and it works for you...

Well , its a street car so I wanted it out of plain sight. Its right on the incline of the center console in front of the e brake handle . Its very out of the way and also very comfortable .

Attachments

• ATF-shifter-02.jpg
    ATF-shifter-02.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 42

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mark I think its flash when the power comes in hard the rpms sound much faster then what the car is accelarating .
Ive talked to Chris @ Circle D and Im leaning towards ordering a new converter a little tighter then what I have with a 3200 to 3400 stall .

My Converter now will stall instantly to about 3600 and climb to 4100 maybe more on the Brake.

Pete

Yep - that's what happening sure as shit. No 4r70 converter is not going to flash like that. If you want it to flash at 3600-3800 - then order the converter stall at 3000-3200

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Pete you are my hero! All that in a street car

Hahahaha, Thanks Man!

Thanks guys for the nice comments. Its been alot of fun trying to get the car to run like it has. I make a few passes and then look back at the video's and datalogs to figure what the car is doing.
I just ordered a Harris Speed Works Progressive controller, and will do some testing in the 1/8th sometime next week when I get back from Tennessee.

Pete

Last edited:

akula52

forum member
Reaction score
rear gear

Pete, What are you running for gears in the rear, and what RPM are your at when your cross at the line at the end. I have 3.73 with a 4r70 and I think it is too steep. Thanks

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Pete, What are you running for gears in the rear, and what RPM are your at when your cross at the line at the end. I have 3.73 with a 4r70 and I think it is too steep. Thanks

3.27s , Im crossing around 5800 to 6000 . That will change once a tighter converter goes in . Right now Im slipping too much 1st and 2nd before I lock it in 3rd.

Pete

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
I love the times you're running. In the next couple of years I plan on FI but not sure which direction to take it. I like a turbo for its efficiency but am a little concerned about spooling time. Do you bracket race the car and if you do, do you have enough time to get the turbo to spool on a sportsman tree?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back