New PB, so close...

Jason09GT

forum member
Reaction score
That mph. Very nice. I'd be plenty happy if my pile could manage that mph at full weight, with a "better" cam, and tune...

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Yea I was pissed I was fucking with EVERYTHING but the tire pressure!
So 28" has more sidewall and that's why you can run lower PSI and be ok?

Yup, exactly and you will launch out a hell of a lot faster. A 1.5 feels soo much better than a 1.7. Trust me on that one. I miss that feeling soo much!

First time out with my 28" setup, the car launched so hard my Corbeau seat flew all the way back. Scared the hell out of me. Almost left a stain on the seat.

Plus, you can expect to drop at least .2-.3 tenths off of your time. 4.56s aren't any worse on the street compared to 4.10s as long as you are rolling around on close to 28" tires, like a 305/40 for example.

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
Next time out, I am setting my 2-step to 6k and leaving it there and just playing with my suspension.
this, leave the rpm at whatever and monkey with the shocks and tire pressure. you think the QTP sidewalls might be softer than my ET streets - here's an observation from my recent testing:

6k launch @ 14psi with rear shock set at +3 crushed the sidewall
6.5k launch @ 15psi with rear shock set at +7 showed minimal sidewall deflection (and lowered my 60')

I think the stiffer shock setting saved the tire more than that 1psi difference, might be worth trying that on your end. If you can get someone to video your launch from the side and review after each run that'll help you figure out what's up.

our cars are so stinking similar, you should be able to hit a low 1.6x 60' - drive down to MIR and I'll let you try my rear wheels/tires :beerdrink:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
That makes sense, I should adjust around my RPM not the traction since I have other shit to play with like the LCA brackets, tire pressure and shocks/struts.

Guess impatience got me lol.
Yea I have a rule of not racing my car hours away from home, that tow bill tho if I break shit $$$
I will go again before the season is over.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back