New PB, so close...

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea, adjustable UCA, all bushing, LCA's and LCA relocation bracket (top hole)
I'm dying to get mid 1.6's I'd be happy, car just won't do it. I may try the middle hole on the brackets next time out?

35xx with me in it and a half a tank of gas.

Moar vid, this was spinning quite a bit it was a 6k launch I believe.

Looking closely, watching the wheels and listening to the sound, I think the clutch was slipping not the tires on that launch. The tires squeaked a little but you could hear the engine revving up and the wheels didn't look like they were spinning.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Grrr, fuckin 12.12 but DA was 700ft at the time.
I can't get my 60 down past 1.70x best launches came at 5800rpm, hooking real nice too, I tried 6000 but spin city.

10gik50.png

2qs58wn.jpg

2u9imgo.jpg

fbgigm.jpg

photo.php

First time I see daylight under the tire :beerdrink:
I am going back before they close when it's nice and cool out and see what I can do, Figured I'd be in the 1.6's easy blehhh.
It was fun though, great people sick cars!

IDK how I trapped 115, but that 113 was nice!

Good job man!

torchred

forum member
Reaction score
Get a tune! I cannot believe you are trapping what you are with an email bama tune. I went from BBR to a local dyno tuning magic man (bob munks stlmustangs) and my car feels like a different animal. I believe I have a pretty much identical setup to yours. I still need tires before I run mine. Good mph that's impressive. Modded 5.0 trap speed

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Looking closely, watching the wheels and listening to the sound, I think the clutch was slipping not the tires on that launch. The tires squeaked a little but you could hear the engine revving up and the wheels didn't look like they were spinning.
Nah definitely the wheels, may not show up in the ipdo vid but after I lowered the setting on the rear shocks and the two step rpm I was dead hooking at 5800.
Frankie, its time for a real tune!!!!!!!!
Ehh not worth it, cars running great. If I can be guaranteed at least 20hp I'd do it, putting 335 down now and putting up the numbers on the track.
Oh jeez. A good tune alone should get him 11's. I got ET gains going from Bama to MAP (Mike Rousch).

Get a tune! I cannot believe you are trapping what you are with an email bama tune. I went from BBR to a local dyno tuning magic man (bob munks stlmustangs) and my car feels like a different animal. I believe I have a pretty much identical setup to yours. I still need tires before I run mine. Good mph that's impressive. Modded 5.0 trap speed

What can I say the tune is running great, it's been data logged and tweaked over the years, it's safe and runs very hard.
I see little value in spending a few hundred bucks on a tune only to get minimal gains. :beerdrink: very simple setup I am running here.

thanks man!! that 11 will come just from getting the 60 foot down to around 1.63 or less, and that just takes time and tweaking suspension/shocks/tire pressure.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Frankie, tell them you want the hybrid tune built off your current tune. Try that next time out.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Hybrid tune? hmmm I'll drop them a line and see what it's about.
I'm really happy with the current tune :)

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Yea that surprised me, but never happens again lol.
Banging the gears...

Why does it look like your lifting off the gas when you shift? Congrats on the new PB!

Last edited:

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats! Driver mod ftw!!

As far as lowering your 60ft to sub 1.7... I was in the same boat at one point in time. Just couldn't best a sub 1.7 with 4.10s and a 26" slick (N/A combo). I decided to finally take the plunge to a 4.56/28" slick combo and first pass out netted me a low 1.6. With additional suspension tweaking I got down to consistent mid 1.5s. I was side stepping the clutch at 6k.

Last edited:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Why does it look like your lifting off the gas when you shift? Congrats on the new PB!

No lifting at all, maybe it's the pants because I kick the shit out of the clutch.

Congrats! Driver mod ftw!!

As far as lowering your 60ft to sub 1.7... I was in the same boat at one point in time. Just couldn't best a sub 1.7 with 4.10s and a 26" slick (N/A combo). I decided to finally take the plunge to a 4.56/28" slick combo and first pass out netted me a low 1.6. With additional suspension tweaking I got down to consistent mid 1.5s. I was side stepping the clutch at 6k.

Yea man 1.6's are eluding me! wtf.
I think I can get it down with some tweaking, I need a bit of controlled wheelspin, I hooked and bogged quite a few times.

Then raised the RPM and spun lol I should have played with the shock adjustments more and maybe dialed in some wheels spin and left the RPM alone. Next time out, I am setting my 2-step to 6k and leaving it there and just playing with my suspension. I found 17psi to be perfect so far for the QTP's. If I bog I will raise the pressure a bit.

Yea no way I am changing to 4.56's lol 4.10 is perfect for me and I drive the car on the street almost every day. 1.5's are sick though!

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Lol, I hear ya. I daily drove mine as well, but I'm a crazy mofo.

Sounds like you have a good plan. I would be interested to see how much you can improve your 60 with that 26" setup. Almost looks like the rim is making contact with the surface so it may be why you spin vs bog so easily trying higher launch rpms.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Lol, I hear ya. I daily drove mine as well, but I'm a crazy mofo.

Sounds like you have a good plan. I would be interested to see how much you can improve your 60 with that 26" setup. Almost looks like the rim is making contact with the surface so it may be why you spin vs bog so easily trying higher launch rpms.

That's why I can't go lower than 16 psi, rim slams into the ground and bounces.
Got a point there I didn't think that it would hit the tire harder at 6k thus smashing it more!
Maybe should of been at 18 cold with a 6k launch, fucker now I have to get to the strip ASAP!!!!! :asshat:
This was in June with 14psi... didn't realize why i wasn't hooking till I saw the video.

Last edited:

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Or you can do the 28"s and run them at 12psi :naughty1: Haha, I know I know.

Hope you get that 11 bro, I'm rooting for ya! 3v powa! :beerchug2:

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
This was in June with 14psi... didn't realize why i wasn't hooking till I saw the video.

Yup, that brings back memories! Can only launch so hard on a 26" before that happens. It is really nice being able to get an outside view of the car launching, makes the adjustment process that much better.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Yea I was pissed I was fucking with EVERYTHING but the tire pressure!
So 28" has more sidewall and that's why you can run lower PSI and be ok?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back