NjsGT's build.... with pics!

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Did they swap pulleys ? I don't understand why the boost is different on those 2 pulls. I'm glad they got it right, but hopefully they will put the 2.87 pulley back in and get it tuned right.

The BOV fluttering is not a reason to change pulley's or back the tune off. If it was belt slip or something I could see that being a reason. Anyway it's what makes you happy is all that matters. 550 HP is alot and I'm going to enjoy that level for a while myself. :beerdrink:
^ PM sent my friend :beer:
lol, yeah traction becomes hard to come by once you cross that barrier.....we have a couple big HP shop car that blow the tires out from a 90+ stomp....its gets to the point where it isnt even streetable.
Also, once you cross that 600whp line you run into awhole another line of "weak points" usally in the drivetrain... rear diff, driveshaft, trans, etc... plus to even race the thing you need more safety mods..... rollcages, seats, bealts etc...

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
trust me your car is already past the barrier for safety equipment. With 550whp you will be in the mid to low 11's no problem so there's your roll cage mark haha. You have joined the league of distinguished gentlemen my man:beer:

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
trust me your car is already past the barrier for safety equipment. With 550whp you will be in the mid to low 11's no problem so there's your roll cage mark haha. You have joined the league of distinguished gentlemen my man:beer:
:argh:.......... I was hoping to get away with only a DS loop lol, although cages do look badass..... :beer:
You gonna run that malevolent creature soon Irish?

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
Hoping to get to the track in August-September sometime. Thats barring that I can get some time off work. I will run it when the big dogs rent the track so I don't have to wait for all the dipshits out there in accords and saturns haha. My buddy is good friends with the owner of our local track so I can head up there pretty much whenever.

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Hoping to get to the track in August-September sometime. Thats barring that I can get some time off work. I will run it when the big dogs rent the track so I don't have to wait for all the dipshits out there in accords and saturns haha. My buddy is good friends with the owner of our local track so I can head up there pretty much whenever.
Sounds good, looking forward to the results.... I have a s197forum track rental coming up this oct, cant wait for that :beerdrink:

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Ok..... So I changed the spring in the Tial BOV today, actually just got done and test drove it.... It solved the fluttering issue so know I can crusie without hearing much noise but holy shit balls batman..... when this thing blows off everyone within 100ft knows it.... Thinkin Im going try to foam it up to muffle it abit lol.... Ill get a vid soon.... Also, I got a good look at my boost gauge at WOT and I was pissed with what I saw..... 3rd WOT near redline it peaked at 16-17 psi...... Looks like JimIII is getting a call monday mourning.....

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
This Mondo is sounds like a street sweeper coming down the road haha.
What psi are you trying to hit?
Wow.... thats odd you said street sweeper.... my bro said the same thing about my car although i was like 200' away from him.....
Its not the boost Im mad at because thats what the 2.87" pulley should make.... its the thought of having a half assed quick BS tune in the car that pisses me off..... Ill be making a call to JimIII for a full explanation of my dyno graphs..... like all of us I spent alot of money on this car and at JDM alone... so not getting everything out of what you paid is BS... In my book anyhow....

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
yo

Give them a call on Monday, hopefully you get this sorted out

Pike2244

forum member
Reaction score
What are you looking for in your tune? Just out of curiosity???

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
What are you looking for in your tune? Just out of curiosity???

I think he wants the truth more than anything. I think there's more left in his tune with that boost level and having it all done by JDM, well he at least deserves a print out and some dyno numbers that are legit.

Shat9611

Ex-ford tech
Reaction score
i think theres at least another 100whp and 80wtq hiding somewhere in that setup especially at that boost level... i mean look at the sigs kurgan makes about the same hp and more tq at a lower boost level with almost the exact same setup... i think jdm just wanted to rush him out the door with wahtever tune would work... after all the money he spent there alone i think would constitute at least another look into the tune on their dollar

Pike2244

forum member
Reaction score
No I completely understand and I am not trying to be combative but wanted to know if there was something specific he asked jdm for and didn't get it....

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
So I spoke to JDM today in regards to my 13-16 psi boost window..... His explanation was VCT..... VCT can directly effect the amount of air getting into the cyclinders depending on Im guessing IAT's and A/f ratios...... If you think about it it does make sense......

Now I gotta make a decision.....

bigpappy33

11.17@126
Reaction score
GL with it, at least you can drive it and it's still fast as shit!

Maybe some mild blower cams and lock out VCT to maximize your set up?

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Your numbers aren't disappointing, I'm sure there is more left in the car, but I'm sure there are some variables that are playing a role in why JimIII @ JDM left it where it was. It's better to play it a little safer on the tune then go aggressive and blow up your ride. You'll be way more pissed if that happens lol.

What is the 2.87" good for on the V3? I wanna say 20-22psi like the Novi 2200s. Did you check for all possible vaccum or boost leaks? Also how was the fuel delivery holding during the pulls. I may need to dig back, I'm sure you posted some dyno graphs.

I would just enjoy the car for the summer and look into grabbing more power when the cold weather and snow arrives when your not using the car. Goodluck man.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back