noisey steeda hd strut mount?

bullitt2086

forum member
Reaction score
has anyone experience noise with steeda hd strut mounts? Almost like a poping noise when going over uneven roads

Last edited:

Long Stroke

forum member
Reaction score
Which nut backed off? The stud plate nut?

Usually it's due to the o-ring being pinched when installed. You want to make sure it goes together correctly.

bullitt2086

forum member
Reaction score
Okay here is the thing when I try to put it together outside of the car the o rings do not go in they only go in when I assemble the spring and the strut together with pressure from the spring

bullitt2086

forum member
Reaction score
another question how do I know when the center nut is as far as its supposed to be

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Refer to the service manual http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=1 for the torque specs on the strut nut (center) and 4 strut mount nuts.

If it's not related to the strut mount, it is likely the sway bar endlink. Re-torque the endlink attachment to the strut. They are notrious for coming loose, and I have experienced it as well. It results in "pop" when going over bumps or driveways.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Which nut backed off? The stud plate nut?

Usually it's due to the o-ring being pinched when installed. You want to make sure it goes together correctly.

The one in the center. Mine has backed off a couple of times.

I agree with Vapour Trails about the swaybar, although my solution is to remove it and hang it on the wall, but that's just me.

bullitt2086

forum member
Reaction score
It's definitely not the swaybar I installed the pass side steeda strut mount this afternoon and didn't have time to do the driver side so I put the car back together to test drive it and sure enough the pass side began to kinda make a poping sound wen going over bumps, pot holes and uneven roads. The swaybar has been on the car for a while now with no problems

Last edited:

bullitt2086

forum member
Reaction score
Okay it turns out the o rings were indeed pinched so I took apart and lube them up with suspension grease (energy suspension) and thought I got it in without pinching the o rings but I guess I was wrong because its still doing it! It's not the center nut I made sure they were tightened all the down as much as they can go... so basically how dis u guys get them together without pinching the o rings?

FordFan

Reaction score
Check the torque on your strut to lower control arm mounting bolts. Some of the early Roush car's had the same symptoms after delivery to the owners. The strut mounting bolts although appear to be tight need to be torqued to the recommend spec.

GL

07VistaChicago

forum member
Reaction score
Check the torque on everything. Most likely it is something you didn't torque correctly. The Achem's Razor is the sway bar, but could be the strut to mount bolt. or anyother thing you took off and had to retorque. Check everything. I had the same issue with the mounts. I couldn't get them together by hand and just let the weight of the car do the work. I don't know if mine are pinched, but no noise.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back