One sexy Fox body

yellowjohn1

forum member
Reaction score
Looking at this damn thread has me wishing I had left my car stock and bought a clean foxbody to mod. Some of them can be bought so cheap, not to mention the affordability of the parts. I really like the car Mach1 posted, especially for the price!!

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Since were sharing Foxes. Here is the one I bought new in 1990.

1990Mustang.jpg

1990Mustang1.jpg

19902.jpg

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
the weld wheels was such the way to go back then wasn't it? we all had them at one point it seems!

yellowjohn1

forum member
Reaction score
the weld wheels was such the way to go back then wasn't it? we all had them at one point it seems!

That's because they look utterly bad ass on a foxbody. Really, on any mustang actually. I want to get a black draglight type wheel for my car, but working out the details of it are a couple years down the road after my FI plan over the next year or so.

mpf

forum member
Reaction score
I got a FOX in driveway...'79 Cobra. Put a 87 Tbird SuperCoupe powertrain in it.
T5 ,some other stuff...Working on interior now. The thing is kinda quick, in a while,
I'll install a "adjust-a-boost" thing on it ,with some prem. gas it might go high 13's??
Low 14's at worst...Car is really light. Have a roller ranger cam in it, no cats.
LA3 PCM. Nobody is tuning this stuff though. Spent all day trying to 'hide' the pcm up under the dash, damn Fox's are small cars! The 79/80 turbo4 kinda sucked, it blew thru a carb, NOT worth keeping, but the 87/88 bird motor is totally forged, and it's EFI...still has a distributor, which I like.
Ideally, I will blow away some ricer boys with it, later, but i dunno 'cause even a freaking camry is quick nowadays
engine.jpg

Last edited:

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
That's because they look utterly bad ass on a foxbody. Really, on any mustang actually. I want to get a black draglight type wheel for my car, but working out the details of it are a couple years down the road after my FI plan over the next year or so.

so very true, I want the racestars for my car now, but don't have the loot right now, maybe next summer.

Now I want to build another fox.. lol

nv4gt ws

RedShift
Reaction score
bad ass fox or bad ass s197? sometimes i think a bad ass fox is the way to go.

Last edited:

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
I got a FOX in driveway...'79 Cobra. Put a 87 Tbird SuperCoupe powertrain in it.
T5 ,some other stuff...Working on interior now. The thing is kinda quick, in a while,
I'll install a "adjust-a-boost" thing on it ,with some prem. gas it might go high 13's??
Low 14's at worst...Car is really light. Have a roller ranger cam in it, no cats.
LA3 PCM. Nobody is tuning this stuff though. Spent all day trying to 'hide' the pcm up under the dash, damn Fox's are small cars! The 79/80 turbo4 kinda sucked, it blew thru a carb, NOT worth keeping, but the 87/88 bird motor is totally forged, and it's EFI...still has a distributor, which I like.
Ideally, I will blow away some ricer boys with it, later, but i dunno 'cause even a freaking camry is quick nowadays
engine.jpg

always wanted to do a turbo coupe. you can make a pretty decent ringer out of anything with the SVO/T-bird versions. (there are some 9 and 10 sec foxes out there with this motor)

the thing holding me back from the T-bird though is the little aftermarket it had is dwindling and many mods available 8 or 9 years ago are simply not made any more.

also the fact that a 88 would be 23 years old and will have all the 23yo little problems. T-birds don't ret the resto love from places like year one and late model restoration like foxes get

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
The one I just sold, It had welds on it for a long time, then I put the cobra's on it pretty much out of boredom. It was a fun car though!

034.jpg

That's pretty much the exact look I'm going for ^^^

nv4gt ws

RedShift
Reaction score
The foxes are nice but I enjoy driving my S197 on a daily basis. The fox is more of a weekend car.
yea my s197 is a weekend car, thats why i was thinking a fox. parts are so much cheaper and a fox is light.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
This is my [not so typical] fox. It's an '85 McLaren Capri. It's got a 347, built 8.8, and SN 5 lug/Cobra brakes. It's been an awesome car to have and build. Unfortunately I'm going to be selling it. It's super rare, and I know I should hang on to it, but right now it's low on the priority list:

STEAMBOAT10072.jpg

STEAMBOAT10032.jpg

STEAMBOAT10047.jpg

Capri-11-of-16.jpg

And a video (click on pic):

Last edited:

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I love the mclarens. We have 1 at the shop that gets drove every day. That's a good looking car you have there.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
That's pretty much the exact look I'm going for ^^^

cool, thanks, I had the pro-street look for a long time, then I went to the staggard cobra's Kind of hard to tell in that pic the stagger. it actually took me about 6 weeks to sell it. Alot of lookers and wanna be joy riders but finally I sold it off of ebay. I'll build another one ,one of these days, but I'm having way too much fun with my s197 right now.

porkipine

forum member
Reaction score
i think someone stated, the foxbodies are the 55 chevys of today, they are, they were the best bang for your buck in the day... they will be around for a long time. they arent the fastest out there, but they sure were fun to drive

101fng

forum member
Reaction score
I've been looking around for a Fox Body Coupe to play with and I happened upon this one. This thing is sweet. More than I'm looking to spend on one, though.

Here

damn... with resale like that, that makes me want to divert all my money from my 09 and put it into the 87

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back