Ordering 2011!

08AlloyGT

forum member
Reaction score
I've leased a few vehicles through the X-plan, and my understanding was that if you went that way, that was the only discount you got. Could be wrong though.

Hufen

forum member
Reaction score
i would like to know this too, if there are incentives or rebates, can they be used with the xplan?

50tbrd88

forum member
Reaction score
its 200 bucks above invoice.

Maybe the car business is different than selling tractors, but I work for a John Deere dealer and we couldn't keep the doors open selling anything $200 over invoice. Maybe the terminology is different but invoice is the "cost" of the product for the dealer, correct?

If so I'm not buying it. It seems like everyone I know whom has bought a new Ford lately has got xplan...hell I got it on my wife's Fusion when we bought it. I think its just a way for Ford to make you feel like they are cutting you a special deal.

No way all these dealers are only making $200 selling a $30,000 car...(correct me if I'm wrong).

One of my co-workers son's works for a local GM dealership. He claims the salesmen never even know what cost is on their vehicles...hence the game you always play with car salesmen where they say "let me talk to the boss/sales manager about the price" after you make an offer.

Last edited:

Agent Jones

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe the car business is different than selling tractors, but I work for a John Deere dealer and we couldn't keep the doors open selling anything $200 over invoice. Maybe the terminology is different but invoice is the "cost" of the product for the dealer, correct?

If so I'm not buying it. It seems like everyone I know has bought a new Ford lately and got xplan...hell I got it on my wife's Fusion when we bought it. I think its just a way for Ford to make you feel like they are cutting you a special deal.

No way all these dealers are only making $200 selling a $30,000 car...(correct me if I'm wrong).

invoice is not COST....

ford is making way more than 200 bucks when they sell on xplan. when i bought my 07 get i used xplan as a starting price and acutally negotiated it to less than that.

50tbrd88

forum member
Reaction score
invoice is not COST....

ford is making way more than 200 bucks when they sell on xplan. when i bought my 07 get i used xplan as a starting price and acutally negotiated it to less than that.

Well WTF is invoice then?

(not trying to be a smartass)

L.Sanchez

forum member
Reaction score
Invoice is cost on the vehicle. Xplan is used for Ford suppliers, vendors and partners. That includes big corporation like verizon, Blue Shield, etc. It depends on vehicle, but the xplan is usually invoice to a couple hundred over. Ford will usually pay the dealership a flat ($200-$300) as a thank you for this "courtesy" type deal as long as you provide them a pin number the customers employer gives them. Its an easy deal for the store and a great deal for the consumer. Win/win. Guys like Agent Jones have to be greedy and ruin the situation. :)

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
invoice is not COST....

what he said^

they still make more on the car then we think they do.

Agent Jones

forum member
Reaction score
Invoice is cost on the vehicle. Xplan is used for Ford suppliers, vendors and partners. That includes big corporation like verizon, Blue Shield, etc. It depends on vehicle, but the xplan is usually invoice to a couple hundred over. Ford will usually pay the dealership a flat ($200-$300) as a thank you for this "courtesy" type deal as long as you provide them a pin number the customers employer gives them. Its an easy deal for the store and a great deal for the consumer. Win/win. Guys like Agent Jones have to be greedy and ruin the situation. :)

greddy? really? lmao

dealerships are about as greedy as they get... have you seen some of the extras dealerships put on cars and then mark the price up. or all these BOSS, s197 "mach 1", and other cars they rip peple off with that dont know any better. or how about selling a car for 10-20k markup just because people dont know any better. THEY ARE THE GREEDY ONES.

keep in mind the dealership still gets a kick back from ford for selling the car also a kick back from ford for us using xplan.

Last edited:

Blue07GT

Reaction score
I would feel bad about trying to get more for the price if the dealer wouldn't try and screw me when I go in and talk to them. They come out with the sticker price and tell me they can't work with me on the price and thats what it would be if I were to buy it. Then all of a sudden I tell them I can get x-plan and the price drops 2k, I find that to be BS, all of a sudden the price can drop 2k? The dealers see you coming especially if your younger and they try to get every last cent they can from you. You could be right, there could be people out there that want to work with the customer, but I have never come in contact with one of these.... well lets call them unicorns. The guy I go through is a family friend so I don't consider him in the category above.

Also on a second note I can get the car for invoice plus incentives. The only one out there at this moment is a college student discount which is $500. It ended up being $36,669.00, I think thats a great deal, I may wait a few months to see if any other incentives come out. He told me he would order it for me without any money down and not have to pay a Doc fee as well so hopefully soon I will be driving around in a new 2011 mustang!

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I'm with beefcake. I've been selling Fords for 8 years and I've never been able to "generate" a rebate that the customer didn't qualify for. It's not the dealers money they are giving away.

Xplan is a fantastic price on any Ford. Only thing better is if you work for Ford.

:beerdrink:Same as when I was with FORD last year

Back