Our New House...

COYO TT

Stangless
Reaction score
NIce house man.

That place would be over 300k here....I think I am coming down your way next year (Ft. Lauderdale)

Boozshey

Reaction score
Well with the new house came a 4.5 car garage. 2 Car garage on the front of the house and a 2.5 car garage separated and on the back of the house.

So this weekend was the start of getting it ready to be used.

The shop was used for 30 years for their families race team. They raced the modified dirt track cars. And the garage showed every bit of abuse and use from the 30 years.

This weekend we gutted everything out, pressure washed the walls, acid washed the floors and put one coat of paint on. Unfortunately the weather isn't the best for helping things dry. We were hoping over night things would have dried up and we could hit it with one more coat of paint and start the epoxy floor. No luck.

But here's the pics...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

mot250

forum member
Reaction score
That must have been a chore for someone to empty out that garage-workshop.

Congrats on the find!

Boozshey

Reaction score
yeah for sure. But I wish they would have taken everything or just left everything!!! haha

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Garage will be worth the wait man. The guy living in my house before I moved in did the same thing and left the garage a mess and boxes full of crap all over the house. He even left old dishes and Tupperware in the kitchen cabinets like I ea going to re-use his dirty Tupperware or something. Took me a full day to go through that crap and clean up.

What epoxy kit are you going with?

Boozshey

Reaction score
We pieced together our own kit. But it's basically all the Seal Krete stuff from Lowes.

We are prepping with the surface with a high strength muriatic acid mixed 4 to 1 with water.

Then using the Seal Krete Lock-Down

Followed up by one coat of the Seal Krete Slate Grey. After that dries we will apply a second coat of Paint and then throw down 6 lbs of Behr Metallic Blend flake.

Then we will cover it with the Seal Crete clear Epoxy-Sealer.

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Bathrooms are kinda small but 2 garages and a screened in backporch......awesome!!

Boozshey

Reaction score
yeah, but I never understood big bathtrooms. I shit in them and take a shower. I spend more time in the garage than the bathroom. :)

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice setup. I'd add a driveway to the rear garage sometime in the future.

Boozshey

Reaction score
for sure! The plan is to have that entire side of the house concreted in.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not having an HOA is awesome! The only problem is when you have turd neighbors move, in.

Boozshey

Reaction score
I hear that. Luckily the neighborhood is all original owners from 30 years ago. We do have 1 back yard neighbor that likes to throw parties EVERY saturday until 3am+. That is presently being worked on.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I'm still thinking a tall fence along that left side property line would be just the ticket. You'll need extra tall 4x4 posts so you can raise it up out of the ditch but it would still provide some much needed privacy down that side of the house.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What's the epoxy running you? I have a 530sq ft garage being built right now and am debating whether having a company do the floor or do it myself. If the $$ difference isnt' that great, I'll have someone do it.

Boozshey

Reaction score
I'm still thinking a tall fence along that left side property line would be just the ticket.

We want some trees removed. When the time comes we will be hitting you up. :)

What's the epoxy running you? I have a 530sq ft garage being built right now and am debating whether having a company do the floor or do it myself. If the $$ difference isnt' that great, I'll have someone do it.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1246318&postcount=27

The companies that I looked into ranged from $5-$8sqft. That's was way to much for us to even think about.

However they also say, the concrete needs to be cured for at least 30 days.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back