Parts are starting to roll in ... :-)

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
A few days ago I ordered new Koni Sport (yellow) adjustable struts/shocks, GT500 mounts, Steeda Sport springs, BMR LCA relocation brackets, a J&M panhard bar, and a DSS 1-piece aluminum driveshaft.

Jay @ Hypermotive was awesome to deal with, both times I called him, first time for the Konis and the GT500 mounts, second time being for the driveshaft order (the springs, brackets, and the panhard bar are coming from American Muscle since I couldn't pass up their prices and 6% forum-discount pricing)

Can't wait for the pile o' parts to grow a little so I can make that all-important appointment to have everything installed :D

2013-02-20_Konimounts_zps24fc9340.jpg

Last edited:

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
those are all the parts ive been looking at for when im ready to order suspension; keep us updated on how everything goes

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
BMR LCA-relocation brackets just showed up :D

2013-02-21_BMR-brackets_zpsf87557b8.jpg

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
The new J&M adjustable panhard bar is now here :)

DSC05762_zpsf71dbce0.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I went ahead and opened up the J&M box ... it looks high-quality, I'm impressed :)

2013-02-28_JM_bar2_zps76c73137.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Your definitely going to feel the difference in handling.

Lol, I hope so ... spending over $2k in suspension/driveshaft/install, I'd better feel a difference ...

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score
Why don't you save some money and do the install yourself? Half the fun of modding is wrenching on your own car. The other half is driving the crap out of it lol.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Why don't you save some money and do the install yourself? Half the fun of modding is wrenching on your own car. The other half is driving the crap out of it lol.

Don't have spring compressors (I know I could rent them), don't have a lift, don't have and wouldn't want to do all this work on jack stands.
Also don't have a garage :(

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Don't have spring compressors (I know I could rent them), don't have a lift, don't have and wouldn't want to do all this work on jack stands.

Spring compressor, who needs a spring compressor? Man handle those bitches.... don't be afraid!

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score

I just did all the stuff that your doing and then some on jackstands in my driveway using harbor freight springs compressors haha. I understand though. It's not fun laying on your back in the driveway out in the elements but i like to do all my own work (at least all that im capable of). It saves money for more mods. You will notice a BIG difference in performance with those mods.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I do all my work on jack stands at my apartment. Doing the front springs is too easy even without a spring compressor. An extra jack and some common sense is all you need to do the job. Oh and btw i took my strut and spring assembly while it was still on the car. If you were closer id help you.

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
I did my driveshaft and safety loop on jack stands (as well as most of the other mods) and that was a pita. And I'd do it again in a heartbeat to save the money for more mods :thumb2:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Nice! Those are parts that will make a huge difference. Good choice in shocks/struts too!

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Good stuff! Make sure you post back and let us know what you think after the install. I have no doubt you'll be pleased!

Shane

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I have a great performance shop that's gonna be doing the work, they've worked on my '07 Charger with no issues, including an engine replacement, they've done some work on my Focus (new shocks/struts/springs), and they said working on the Focus was the easiest job they've done for me till then.
Working on the Mustang should be even easier ... they've already done the rear LCA's and the Barton shifter bracket, this stuff coming up is nothing for them.
"My guy" there is one of the owners and he recently built an old Mustang for a customer, the thing turned out SWEET.

warpig12354

too slow
Reaction score
Just curious, how much would labor be to install shocks/struts/springs? I want to how much money i'm saving lol Wrenching on your car is half the fun!

Back