Parts are starting to roll in ... :-)

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
My custom-blends showed up today, along with the new filter :)

2013-03-26_QB-oil-1_zpsc9c57ca3.jpg

2013-03-26_QB-oil-2_zps55a5a916.jpg

2013-03-26_QB-oil-3_zps93689fa6.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Well, the DSS d/s is in, I don't feel anything up to about 100, and only minor something then. Had it up to 110 with no issues.
I didn't cruise at those speeds since it was just a quick spurt there, relax a bit, then quickly back down to sane speeds.

The biggest difference I feel after the work done today is in the shifting.
After a few minutes of driving I started noticing that when I put the shifter into a gear it feels like a little cushion is there now, that wasn't there before.
It feels "cushier" ... lol
I like it, it changed the shifting feel quite a bit.

I'd highly recommend this trans fluid to every MT82 owner out there ... :)

I took samples of the 5,000-mile Amsoil 10W40 XL from the engine, and the rear-diff fluid which is kinda gray.
I can't wait to see what Blackstone Labs has to say about these fluids ...

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
So you put in a driveshaft and changed the trans fluid... And the biggest difference you feel is in the shifter?! Did you change shifter? I've done both of those things and the DS was farrrrrrr more noticeable of a difference... Or at least I thought so. Much snappier rpm climb

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
So you put in a driveshaft and changed the trans fluid... And the biggest difference you feel is in the shifter?! Did you change shifter? I've done both of those things and the DS was farrrrrrr more noticeable of a difference... Or at least I thought so. Much snappier rpm climb

I didn't really get to DRIVE the car ... yeah, it revs quickly, but between the new rear-end fluid, the new d/s, and the new engine oil, I have no idea which of these made the biggest difference.

Shifting is something I do regardless of how hard I am on the gas pedal, so I did a lot of it in the 2 hours of driving I did from the shop to my condo, then from my condo back to Derry where I'm currently staying ...

I did do a clutch dump in 2nd at about 25 and it roasted them nicely :D

I feel that a lot of merely-adequate factory items got upgraded today, getting the car ready for whatever might be coming in the future ...

*cough*
BOOST
*cough*

Lol

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
A good trans fluid makes a world of difference in shifting feel. My 3650 was way different when I switched the factory fluid for Syncromesh.

The two biggest differences I noticed with the driveshaft was the distinct lack of 'clunk' feel when alternating between throttle and off-throttle, and much quicker acceleration. I kept hitting the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd the first week or so.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I definitely noticed a lot less clunk, but some of it is still there.

When I noticed it the worst was leaving my condo, in 1st gear, going over speed bumps.

Barely noticed it today :)

And I have a problem hitting the 7k rev limiter already. The d/s is not gonna help with that I'm thinking ... lol

Back