"Pepper" likes to try new things...

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Daily Driver 2014 Ruby Red Auto GT...

Thought I would make a thread of the small add-ons/tweaks of our new Mustang named "Pepper"...

Inbound for installation during the holidays are...

(2) WeatherTech ClearCover® License Plate Frames (Black)
(Set) WeatherTech FloorLiner™ DigitalFit®
(2) Pairs of Infinity Reference 6832cf speakers
(1) Alpine MRP-F300 4 Channel Amp
(1) EFX 8-gauge Amplifier Wiring Kit
(Set) Cervinis 13-14 Mustang Billet Grille Combo
(Set) of Roush round tip axle backs

Other Items on the "Might do/planned list" are...

(1) Cervinis Chin Spoiler
(Most) Windows Tinted
(Crap load) polisher/polish/wax/etc
(Set) Suspension updates... Need to learn what I want and how to best go about it before making a list...

asbp.jpg

Last edited:

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice, good luck with the installs! I would be very interested in lots of pictures of the amp and wiring install as this is on my to-do list.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride. I'd be interested in hearing how the amp/speakers turn out.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Rims will come later... The ones mounted are actually a new set I traded for with a member on these forums. He needed 18" Drag rims.. I needed to get the Barby plastic looking stock rims off my car... Worked out nicely =]

Because this is my daily driver, I will look for summer/spring rims as the year goes by. These will become my fall/winter set.

Planning on deleting the sound tube under the hood this weekend as well. No idea if I even hear anything with it as it is... But the cabin is a bit noisier than I like. Like when on an airplane... I love the sound of an engine and exhaust. But we seem to have a lot of "White noise" and want to reduce it. My thinking is the tube must be part of that noise...

Definitely getting new exhaust as well. Looking at the Roush Round axle backs... Wife is pretty happy with the car and wants to have a more muscular sound coming out of the 5.0. She says it sounds restricted instead of free flowing. All I said was yes dear!! :omfg:

Not to excited with Cervinis at this point. I ordered the Billet Grill... Said 6 had been in stock.. Called them a few days after ordering to see what was going on... They told me they are out of stock. :mad2: Evidently the quantity counter we see in the checkout cart is not accurate. SO the long hurry up and wait begins... No ETA... :tdown:

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks!

In other news... Soooooooo... I was reminded today, why I love the woman I love (Been married 19+ years)... I have been debating pretty hard about buying the Roush square or round exhaust...

Wife comes into the gaming room and sees me with my headphones on this morning... Taps me on my shoulder (Scaring the shit out of me) and asked what I was doing... At that moment I was listening to CJ's installation of the round kit on youtube...

She said, well let me listen.. I said.... Um.. OK?!?!

She listened, handed me back the headphones... And said... Quit arguing with yourself... Buy the round kit, use the leftover money to tint the windows... :omfg::boobies::thumb2:

Done... Ordered and already have a tracking number from Greg @ S&H... SO frik'n excited! :clap:

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Floor liners are top notch and fit snug. Very pleased. So are the llicense frame kits. Really impressed with the quality...

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
You are gonna love the Roush exhaust. I am running a totally stock exhaust with only the Roush axles backs. Simple and easy, and it sounds absolutely amazing.

I actually picked up a used Boss quad exhaust, but I am kinda hesitant to install it, becuase I don't want to screw up what I've got! LOL

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
You are gonna love the Roush exhaust. I am running a totally stock exhaust with only the Roush axles backs. Simple and easy, and it sounds absolutely amazing.

I actually picked up a used Boss quad exhaust, but I am kinda hesitant to install it, becuase I don't want to screw up what I've got! LOL

Don't do it. If you like the sound, keep it. I went through this already. GT500's to Outlaws, back to GT500's, then an x pipe, then back to Outlaws. If you like the sound, just keep it.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Don't do it. If you like the sound, keep it. I went through this already. GT500's to Outlaws, back to GT500's, then an x pipe, then back to Outlaws. If you like the sound, just keep it.

Yeah man I hear ya. I may bolt it on and see how I like it. If I don't changing it back should be pretty quick and simple to do.

I used to not understand why people would mod their cars and then change it up, but I am currently on my second set of aftermarket wheels, and sitting in my garage, I have a different aftermarket grille, the Boss quad exhaust, and a different set of lowering springs that I want to change out on the ride, and I have barely had it a year. Being a member of this forum has messed me up!

Sorry for the thread jack, OP :hijacked:

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
I do not see a thread jack :)..

Well............. Just called AAA. Drove home after work today. 99% hwy. Pulled into the offramp and notice some steam trailing me. Came to a stop. Cloud of steam... Pulled into the drivway could not even see anymore... Red rad fluid sprayingout the top front grill all over my bumper. Sitting here waiting for the tow to the shop...

My guess is a hose clamp was not properly installed at the factory. All the idiot lights and gauges showed normal...

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Well... Dealership called. A "Foreign" object pierced the rad through the front grill. So I get to pay about $652 for a new radiator for a brand new car... YEAH!

And possibly another $172 for the belt(s) if they squeak because of the rad fluid spraying around... More YEAH!

And of course no one has a radiator for a Mustang... Have to wait till Monday to get one shipped in... YEAH!

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.................

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I'm really sorry to hear about that man, especially at the holidays, no body wants to deal with that shit. I'd like to know what the object is and what the radiator looked like.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice blk12gt :beer:

And to GP... They said nothing was still there. Just the hole. I asked if it went all the way through the rad and they said no. And I still had a good portion of the fluid left, but had I of driven it, I would have run it dry long before getting to the dealership. Sure am glad she got me home. It must have happened just before getting off the freeway. Due to the size of the hole. Explained to me to be about the size of a pen cap... With the exterior rad pushed inward...

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Dealership just called... Said they should be done this afternoon... Spoke with the INS adjuster as well. She was easy to work with and seems all is well... We shall see on both accounts shortly.

Oh and I asked Ford to install the Roush AB for while it was on their lifts... Wife will have the honors of being the first to drive "Pepper" with her new vocals...

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
^Yep, so far...

Picked up the car... Made the mistake of asking them to give her a bath before I picked her up. Horrible wash... Get to do it correctly tomorrow...

Exhaust sounds good. Wife took the keys and she drove it home. All she said, once home, with a very big grin on her face... "F'n LOUD"... lol...

On and on about hitting the gas, not hearing the radio, turning up her music, hitting more gas, turning up more music... HAhahahahahaha

She hit it pretty good from what I saw... Chirped the tires in 2nd and 3rd... Then hit the brakes... Definitely says "V8" when you lay into her...

Tomorrow is my turn... :naughty1:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back