"Pepper" likes to try new things...

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like the Cervinis grills finally shipped. I hope the quality makes up for their total lack in customer communication skills I have experienced thus far... Clients should not have to call in to see why an order has not shipped weeks after payment was taken...

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks! Had a very nice evening of driving around looking at Xmas lights...

Here are a few pics of the Roush AB's mounted up...

h9h4.jpg

j2cc.jpg

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
I am thinking about doing the Sound Tube Delete...

And was thinking of my ATV tweaks and wondered if something like the pic below is available... That way I can "Swell" the internal rubber portion to have a firm grip inside the tube end, while looking clean and not "Shade tree" like so many of these mods do... No offense meant BTW. Just a personal thought when it comes to my Stang...

Add to that, no Lowes carries the part described in the State of Washington, and I cannot get it shipped to me. Sooooo... My brain has been working on this...

Bar_End_Caps_1_.jpg

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Well... Ordered me some basic cleaning supplies to begin the process of taking care of "Pepper"...

Cleaning Supplies.JPG

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
So I thought I would report on the leak mentioned earlier in this thread...

They dealership found a stone, and was able to line it up perfectly to the impact dent it left behind on the RAD.

Without a doubt, this stone was much larger than any of us anticipated. It was about the size of a quarter, not quite mind you, but larger than a nickle. I mean it had to be the perfect storm to get not just through the grill, but miss it completely.

From what I would gather, this had to have come from a truck tire or 4x4. It was launched, not just bouncing around on the HWY... It was a solid black, man made looking or volcanic stone.

The dent it left in the RAD was not as bad as one would suspect.

That all said... I am 100% certain that had my dog gone grill I ordered from Cervinis "Actually" had been in stock and not a lie causing the two week delay... The stone would have hit the grill. It is to big to fit past the Cervinis grill...

Oh well, happy it was fixed. Happy with the service I was provided even during the Xmas rush.

Now I await the check from the insurance company to reimburse me...

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Cervinis Black Powdercoated Upper and Lower Grills 2013-2014 S197

OK... I must be honest and start off by saying I am not entirely enthusiastic about this set. Here is why...

1. I Had to call Cervinis to learn that their site was in fact wrong. They do not have Five of these kits in stock at all. Their timer and inventory count was frankly, false. I called seven days into my looking everyday for a tracking number. Only to learn they had these on back order. Really! Is it to much to ask that you email or call us. I mean after-all, you took my $$ immediately.
  2. I emailed asking questions about one week before making my purchase. Until I made my purchase I never once heard from them. Their loss as I decided to not buy the Stalker kit. I figure if they will not respond to me in a reasonable amount of time (Not counting weekends of course) they must not need my business. Then, once they responded... It was like they only read the first sentence and responded. I had to email them back asking for answers to the other questions.
  3. The way they packaged these grills is mediocre at best. Both units had slight bends (1/4" at the farthest point) at the top of one and at the bottom on the other, creating the need for me to need to bend them back in place. UPS did a wonder to one of the boxes (Completely crushed). However, my point is this... By the time the two boxes got to me, the grills had been flopping around inside the box like an item that had no box filler. The single "Clumped" packing paper they used at each end was no longer doing anything. I am rather shocked more damage had not happened to be honest. It was really that bad! I will however give them credit for how they protected the surface of the product with tightly wound bubble wrap and plastic wrap. Might be the saving grace of the the poor packaging to be honest...
  4. The Powdercoat they used is pretty thin. Now I have had a few items powedercoated. Including some rims for my SUV and ugly factory grey parts on my CanAm Spyder we wanted to make matt black. And I am here to tell you, these grills will need to be re-coated in a few years just from the road spray and washing's it will go through. It is VERY thin and I can scrape it with my fingernail... I know most powdercoats are thin. But at least I can say with my other parts they will likely outlast the paint on the vehicles. Not a chance with these grills. Poor quality or not enough heat...
  5. The installation for the top grill is pretty straight foreword. However I would rather they provided a template for us for the drilling needed. No big deal, just would have been a welcomed thought because their instructions are written for those that have done this before to other mustangs. I had to search the web for other 2013-2014 Mustang Grill changes (Used CJ's they did on the Roush BTW)
  6. The lower grill may just be a personal thing, so take this with a grain of salt or two. The Lower Cervinis Grill is just mounted to the lower grill as it sits from the factory. And the screws they provided... "There is no bloody way they would ever work"... The Honeycomb Ford designed is roughly 1/2" thick. The screws Cervinis provided did not even touch the place they intended the screws to mount at. Did Cervinis even try to install one of these after R&D? Then to top that off. I did NOT like the look of the honeycomb staying in the open area. I would have much rather seen Cervinis design a new grill "Surround" Like the factory upper unit has. Been happy to pay $40-$50 for it. At least then it would match the upper grill once installed! You see... Ford designed the Honeycomb upper grill portion to separate from the grill surround (My guess is because of all the grill options from the factory made this a design requirement). And the lower is one single mold. Not three different pieces (Fog/Outer Surround grill/Center honeycomb grill). So what I did after a little debate was get out my dremel and removed the portion of honeycomb that Ford designed air to flow through. And left the rest as it was.

Now, with that all said. I would not buy this kit again had I known what I know now. The Roush kit is one I would consider instead. That said, I did chose the Cervinis kit because I do not care for the larger gap between each horizontal portion (Bars) of the grill that the Roush kit has. I like the tighter (More horizontal bars) that the Cervinis provides.

I do think my disappointment comes down to just how this went from beginning to the end. I am quite pleased with the look. I do think it is a complement to our GT. And plan to enjoy them for as long as we can. However, after hearing and reading so many folks loving Cervinis, maybe I expected more than I should have from the get go and that is not fair to them. It does make me wonder now if I might be in fact much better off having not purchased their Stalker kit. Who knows what I would have experienced!

Oh, I almost forgot... Cleaning the Fog Lights looks like it will be a challenge and I may remove them, get a lower fog light kit, or change to the Roush kit (Allowing for larger spacing for easier cleaning potentially). Only time will tell as this is my DD and I run the fog lights most of the time...

Pictures for your pleasure...

m2ag.jpg

nvij.jpg

t16q.jpg

5nz6.jpg

5wqn.jpg

lof8.jpg

n6bv.jpg

wmfm.jpg

c9mo.jpg

phzx.jpg

hdz0.jpg

uh65.jpg

Last edited:

28ONE

Reaction score
Sucks man, I know the feeling. Looks good with the fogs hidden!

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks 00blkvert

After a lot of help from fellow members here... I finally ordered some chemical lovin for Peper from John @ Lethal :boobies:...

Attachments

• Wax.JPG
    Wax.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

28ONE

Reaction score
After a lot of help from fellow members here... I finally ordered some chemical lovin for Peper from John @ Lethal :boobies:...

That's a nice start, make absolutely sure you remove all polishing oils before you apply WG Deep Glass Paint Sealant to insure proper bonding to paint. I didn't see any clay lubricant?

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
That's a nice start, make absolutely sure you remove all polishing oils before you apply WG Deep Glass Paint Sealant to insure proper bonding to paint. I didn't see any clay lubricant?

Thanks!

00blkvert suggested I replace the pinnacle lube with the Optimum no rinse as I can use it for many things, including the clay lube :hi:

ANd how do I or what do I use for proper cleaning? Citruis?

28ONE

Reaction score
Thanks!

00blkvert suggested I replace the pinnacle lube with the Optimum no rinse as I can use it for many things, including the clay lube :hi:

Oh man brainfart on my part lol! Remember, start with least aggressive pad, I highly doubt you'll need the cyan pad cuz you're ride is new but you never know coming from the dealership!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back