"Pepper" likes to try new things...

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Question...

I was in Costco this weekend and saw they have a bag of (I think) 50 yellow micro fiber towels for $15. I was thinking of getting them to be the main workhorse for removing the polishers, sealers and wax. Good idea or bad?

28ONE

Reaction score

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Sweet. Thanks for the feedback.

I previously ordered (And are currently out for delivery) in a big "Cleaning" order I made for drying off the car...

The Guzzler Combo Kit includes:

‘The Guzzler’ Microfiber Towel (16” x 24”)
‘The Supreme Guzzler’ Microfiber Towel (20” x 40”)

And for the windows...

Two of these (Ordered one during their buy one get one free sale)

The Supreme 530 Large Microfiber 16 x 24

Thinking I would worry about the polish/wax wipoff needs later...

28ONE

Reaction score
2 packs of those CG mf towels will be more than enough for your car

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Gotcha... Thanks for the info... Liking them both... Looks like I need to build a cabinet for my new collection of car care "Stuff"...

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Small update. I finally ordered the 25' version Griot's Garage 10813LNGCRD 6" orbital polisher... Looking to attack Pepper with it this weekend assuming the weather is nice. I am scared the pollen that is starting to show up will cause harm to my yet to have ever had a product on it beyond winter road grime, clear-coat.

Amazon had it for $150.36 and free shipping... Should see it on Friday =]

Now to go re-read the instructions on what to do and when. Never done this before...

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Well...

Claying was amazing. For only five months and 6000 miles (Oil change/service/rotation first thing this morning) I am floored on just how much of an improvement there was with the "Touch" test. It was like going from rubbing my finger on a piece of glossy photo paper to a slick, almost waxed like, touch. I really glad I took all the advice offered on the forums.

Then comes the polishing...

We all know 2x2 areas are pretty much not going to happen on a Stang. But we can do something close... Well I would run the polisher for however long it takes to do the described polishing for one small area... I was able to complete the passenger side, the roof, the deck lid and hood... Then as I started the driver side front finder... The polisher started, then stopped on its own. Never to run again.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh...

Good news. I had no idea that Griots was in Tacoma WA until I read the owners manual and saw the info on the bottom of the box. Just 35 minutes with no traffic from me. So I grabbed the phone and called them.

Major props for Griots! I called... They thought I might need to send it back to Amazon... Spoke to the manager for me, and said come on down and we will exchange it. Sweet!

I grabbed four more pads while there and another spray bottle. Kickass service from them. That is what makes me not care what the price is. I will just buy it from them.

All I have left is to go take off the polish... And wax in the morning. Wooo whooo!!

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Could not be happier with the end results. Kudos to all that helped me with this. Absolutely love the love and feel of Pepper. Heck even my lunch bag slides off the roof now it is that slick of o surface...

Now on to phase two. Should be done by the end of summer...

Attachments

• Phase 2.JPG
    Phase 2.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 31

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
So I did another detailing weekend with Pepper. My second time doing it ended up being a superior job compared to the first time. It is almost like looking in a mirror. And my oh my what a color for a car...

And I have these on order to install next week. Going to the Good Guys car show this weekend for a little R&R....

Bilsteins ... http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=141_142_179&products_id=642

And there CC Plates... http://www.americanmuscle.com/jm-caster-camber-plates-1114.html

Last edited:

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Small Update...

My local shop got the shocks in... Ends up they could only get the B6 HD shocks that all retailers carry, and I wanted the B12 PCS kit... I ended up cancelling my order and getting Vorshlag's kit instead...

Bilsteins ... http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=141_142_179&products_id=559

And there CC Plates... http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=141_142_179&products_id=274

What I basically did was buy there kit without springs according to Jason. They did not have any "Shock/Strut" only sets available.

Last edited:

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Sucks that your first Griot's polisher crapped out. I've got one and absolutely love it.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Sucks that your first Griot's polisher crapped out. I've got one and absolutely love it.

Yeah that sucked. But I got very lucky as they are based locally and my first time experience with them sold me. Beautiful building and wonderful service.

My second one has been preforming splendidly. It has now done the Mustang twice and our Tahoe a few weekends ago (All steps in the process) and never broke a sweat. I am impressed on how well it maintains RPM's even at the 1000rpm (I assume that is what "1" is on the dial) setting... :thumb2:

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know that I've ever run mine that low. Then again I've primarily only used it for paint correction. But I end up doing my wax application at 3 usually.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Vorshlag-Bilstein StreetPro Monotube Suspension Kit [A5-20BX-01]

is now installed...

Parts List of actual products received...

Front Struts 2011 Shelby GT500 B6 (HD) 35-128717
Rear Dampers 24-122245
Vorshlag S197 Mustang Revised Aluminum Camber/Caster Plates
& '11+ OEM Perches (pair) A1-2007-02
*Double Row Radial Bearing for Spring Perches VM-DBL-BRG
*Upper Spool Piece, 14mm dia. 11-14QA-01
*Lower Spool Piece, 14mm dia., Square, LONG Length 12-14QB-01
Steeda Sport Springs 555-8215

First impression...
Like most of us, we a have a road or two that we use for testing. Of course, weather conditions, traffic and the general attitude of the driver can blur results. In this case however, the change is noticed immediately;

Now the car is controlled, instead of pushed around. Or dare I say, Hooptie performance turned Street-able car.

In normal spirited corner carving... Instead of the car feeling like it needs a larger anti sway bar, it stays planted and asks for more throttle.

With all the crappy roads around here, the car no longer over reacts to the bumps or have the back end walk to the left or right because the car is unstable. Instead it stays planted or reacts significantly faster and asking for more than the factory dampers ever wanted/could.

The CC Plates add a LOT of noise to the cabin. Not mechanical sounds like cheap cc's do (Or the factory ones did as I learned). Rather, road noise. Now I can hear, without any doubt, the type of road surface I am driving on. In other words... At minimum it is twice as loud as the factory plate(s) had been. Another way to put it... It is exactly the same level of sound increase (Not DB's mind you, just the impact to the driver) that we experienced when we went from the factory axle backs to the Roush AB's. I hope this does not become an issue.

Now for the next few weeks I will give Pepper a workout to see if the $1500 is actually worth the cost, or just another consumer trickery situation...

Last edited:

claudermilk

Reaction score
The CC Plates add a LOT of noise to the cabin. Not mechanical sounds like cheap cc's do (Or the factory ones did as I learned). Rather, road noise. Now I can hear, without any doubt, the type of road surface I am driving on. In other words... At minimum it is twice as loud as the factory plate(s) had been. Another way to put it... It is exactly the same level of sound increase (Not DB's mind you, just the impact to the driver) that we experienced when we went from the factory axle backs to the Roush AB's. I hope this does not become an issue.

Now for the next few weeks I will give Pepper a workout to see if the $1500 is actually worth the cost, or just another consumer trickery situation...
That's interesting. I didn't note any change in cabin sound from the CC plates. However, I did note very much better steering communication and feel, I think mostly from them.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
That's interesting. I didn't note any change in cabin sound from the CC plates. However, I did note very much better steering communication and feel, I think mostly from them.

When I first heard it, I panicked a little and thought maybe a part broke in the front end or our car had not been put back together correctly. I mean it was loud. I carefully merged to the right lane to pull into the next driveway I could find... Only to hear the sound cut in half as soon as I did.

This caused me to pause... And wonder if it was road noise... So I came back up to 40mph, and changed lanes back... Boom... Loud again. I then took inventory and noticed the right lane had repair work, and the left lane was old crusty asphalt.

Phew!

Drove a few other roads... Reminded me of the musical road Honda made... Any change in the surface is now pronounced.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Hmm...Comparing your parts list vs mine, it could be the spring perches. You have the new '11+ style, I have the older '05-09 style based on Jason's recommendations. I have PN A1-2004-02, otherwise the same as yours. I had to grind the ends of the springs a bit to get them seated (which Jason warned me I might). I'm on Koni Sports vs the Bilsteins, but the same springs. Did you get the spring insulator on the bottom coil of your springs (Ford PN 6R3Z-5L302-A)?

I've even had the plates loosened & re-tightened about half a dozen times now (changing camber back & forth for autocross events).

I have some crummy surface I drive over regularly and, again, don't notice any unusual NVH increase from stock.

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel @ Vorshlag
Official Vendor
Reaction score
...Did you get the spring insulator on the bottom coil of your springs (Ford PN 6R3Z-5L302-A)?.

I spoke to the mechanic doing his install and told him to install the isolator since he was using the smaller, drop-in perch. Whether he did or not, I don't know.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back