"Pepper" likes to try new things...

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ That. And THANK YOU! Man they freaked me out. Great people, I would trust them with my young daughter... But man, the world stopped rotating for a moment when they told me they put my car back together with the original parts because I was missing parts.. YIKES!... And nope, but they are now.. Night and day difference. It is louder than before, but nothing like it was...

I LOVE that I can add all the neg camber I want for goofing off in the corners... Of course doing that has allowed the car to follow the groves in the road a bit easier. So chilling as I drive my 100+ miles a day is not an option... I found that the "Sport" steering option helps the car. "Standard" feels heavier (Comparatively, not in reality) now.

I did get to goof off a bit today. This kit seems to bounce a tad bit more than I expected , but is countered with an amazing cornering attitude. A good balance, but a tad rougher for a DD than I was aiming for. Almost like the Steeda springs are either to heavy (Spring rate) or the rear dampers are not pushing back as fast on the rebound stroke as they are on the down stroke.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Forgot to add...

It is easier to over power the rear tires in 1st and 2nd now. Going to add LCA's and LCA lowering brackets to see if that will help a bit...

claudermilk

Reaction score
^^^ That. And THANK YOU! Man they freaked me out. Great people, I would trust them with my young daughter... But man, the world stopped rotating for a moment when they told me they put my car back together with the original parts because I was missing parts.. YIKES!... And nope, but they are now.. Night and day difference. It is louder than before, but nothing like it was...
So, there was a part not installed? Sounds like something got fixed, in which case, good!

I LOVE that I can add all the neg camber I want for goofing off in the corners... Of course doing that has allowed the car to follow the groves in the road a bit easier. So chilling as I drive my 100+ miles a day is not an option... I found that the "Sport" steering option helps the car. "Standard" feels heavier (Comparatively, not in reality) now.

I did get to goof off a bit today. This kit seems to bounce a tad bit more than I expected , but is countered with an amazing cornering attitude. A good balance, but a tad rougher for a DD than I was aiming for. Almost like the Steeda springs are either to heavy (Spring rate) or the rear dampers are not pushing back as fast on the rebound stroke as they are on the down stroke.
It is nice, innit? These are great CC plates. As I learned quickly, lift the whole front end & adjustment is easy-peasy. I am running zero toe and don't have to pay much more attention than before; it will grab some seams more easily, but nothing too bad. But then, I spent years on the last modified car the same way, so I'm used to it. The benefits are well worth the minor increase in attention required.

I am still playing with finding a happy setting on my Konis with the Steeda springs. Yep, the ride is a bit harsher over bumps, but that's just part of the compromise we chose to make--again well worth it for the improved handling.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Well... The wife wants to go burn a tank of gas and push the cars limits today. Who am I to say no to a beautiful wife that loves cars?

tumblr_lr3navql0Q1qh1rku.jpg

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Drive was awesome!

Small report...

Losing way to much traction now when powering up around 4700rpms. Forcing the standard "Feathering" of the throttle as we steer with the rear a few to many times...

That tells me I am in need of better driving skills, and a few parts to help put the power to the ground a bit better... Leaving tire trails, while nice for an ego, means I am not doing it correctly...

The front end seems to be causing the rear to overreact a bit more than it did before. That is countered with the car recovering muuuuuuuuuch faster than before. In fact I would go as far as saying it is far more predictive and controllable. Yet when the front end takes a lump from the road, the rear feels more free spirited so to speak... I am really beginning to wonder if the rear spring is about 25-50lbs to heavy of a rate...

This car now runs like it was meant to be working corners, it just needs a bit more speed to make it feel at home in straightaways... from 0- about 65 it definitely feels "Race car" hard... After that the ride improves nicely.

I did however learn very quickly, that the car reacts much faster than before and does not need as much input as it once did...

Now we have about 400 miles on this kit...

Oh... And I learned these factory brakes... They are not ready for any heavy use. In fact I think it took over 30 miles to get them cooled off after a spirited down hill run... Not a nice smell... I think this winter I need to find some new socks...

Last edited:

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel @ Vorshlag
Official Vendor
Reaction score
If you have not yet installed rear, lower, axle-side relocation brackets, that may change your throttle-on issues.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Sooooooo.. Vashon island is going to be a part of or travels tomorrow. Time to see how taking a ferry ramp on and off works out. I understand a world record attempt of some kind with canoes is happening on Sunday on the island, so traffic might be heavy...

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Small update...

Just about 1500 miles now on this suspension setup. A couple of items we have discovered along the way...

After a few hours of driving... One needs a break if the roads are a bit rough. Partially from the road noise and partially from the suspension.

While the suspension is quite nice and allows this car to show off just how well all the parts work together (Corner carver is an understatement) it is stiffer than any of the Corvettes I have run. Worth it? Absolutely. Long term daily driver comfort, it is not.

We also found the "Sport" steering selection for DD is exhausting with this suspension. Keeping in mind, I am in the vehicle on average 45 moments each way to work. Side roads, hwy's and freeway travels from one point to the other in order to get to or from my home. After playing around, we found the combination of this suspension and "Comfort" to be the best settings for us. Now for track time, "Sport" is the cats meow...

Would I buy this kit again? Not this exact one without more conversations with Vorshlag to identify a minor change, is all I need to say this setup is on the list of "Hell yeah's"...

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what setup you have but your findings mirror my opinion of the FRPP suspension kit I bought last month. It consists of Eibach springs and sway bars with Tokico adjustable shocks and struts, all painted Ford Racing blue. I love how it handles but it's introduced a number of squeaks and even on the softest settings it can be tiring after a while.

On the plus side I can take freeway on ramps and off ramps at speeds never before imagined. :snoopy

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
I have been following your suspension switch skwerl. I am thinking of trying a different set of springs. I would like to find a happy medium between what I have now, yet a softer ride when going straight...

As for a small update... Mother nature has switched locally (Literally one day it is 89deg the next 71) and the normal "Pre-fall" rain has arrived. If I hit the gas, the rear dances like a drunk chick. Anywhere from about 40% throttle on...

Lowering brackets and LCA's are a clear must it seems. I did not have this issue at factory height. Same Pirelli model tires as last year...

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I have been following your suspension switch skwerl. I am thinking of trying a different set of springs. I would like to find a happy medium between what I have now, yet a softer ride when going straight...

As for a small update... Mother nature has switched locally (Literally one day it is 89deg the next 71) and the normal "Pre-fall" rain has arrived. If I hit the gas, the rear dances like a drunk chick. Anywhere from about 40% throttle on...

Lowering brackets and LCA's are a clear must it seems. I did not have this issue at factory height. Same Pirelli model tires as last year...

Once you lower the car, the oem lca's are no longer level. ( they will be higher at axle end). Hit the gas, and you are taking weight off the axle. Think of it as pushing down on the edge of a kitchen table.... while standing on some bathroom scales. You will have wheelhop like crazy. The BMR lca relocates provide for a 2-3-4" drop. The WL version is identical construction, but only provides for a 3" drop. I use the BMR version....and started off with the very top holes (2" drop).....but switched to the middle holes a year later..( 3" drop). Just generalizing here, but most folks seem to end up using the middle holes on the BMR.

The advantage of the WL is that it doesn't hang as low as the BMR. Drawback is it doesn't have the 2" drop. I have not had any problems with the BMR unit getting hung up on anything..... but with 18" rims....and a flat rear tire, it could get close to hitting the ground.

You can also cut the BMR, just below the middle hole, like skwerl did. At the time, I bought the BMR lca's, lca relocate brackets...and also the bmr adjustable UCA + mating BMR uca mount. I was not about to take a chance on using adjustable LCA's.

If I had to do this again, I would use WL lca relocate brackets..and BMR lca's.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
I deleted my previous post because I wanted to try one more thing before giving up on this suspension set...

And boy am I glad I did!

Totally different car now. And all that happened is I told my tech how the car was responding and to try and do an alignment that favored more of what I look for in how a car responds on the road.

WOW. What a difference. This car is fun as hell to drive now. Even the wife is bugging me again to go for a drive almost every day.

We no longer fight the car.

Previously...

Every crack, lump, bump, crevice, line, curve, you name it. This car followed. We even discussed renaming the car "Squirrel chaser". The car acted like a hyperactive dog chasing anything that moved.

Now...

Car goes where it is pointed. 90% of the "Hyperactivity" is gone. The car is much more comfortable and controllable. In other words... Drive-able. The rear end does not lose traction as fast as it was. And my arms and lower back no longer need a break after 40 moments of driving.

A tad bumpier than I may want. But that will change when we go air or coil overs. For now It is like a new car all over again.

I am floored on how a few tweaks to an alignment can make that big of a difference to how this car reacts...

Major props to my tech!

***Edit***

I almost forgot... I also must say thank you to Vorshlag. I called earlier this week to discuss spring or damper options and most of the folks are at the SEMA show. Having already decided to do the alignment at this point and was thinking of the next logical step... I called and they (Name escapes me at the moment, but I have it written down, I think it was Jason or Eric) spoke with me in great detail for a good 15-20 moments. Gave me thoughts on Koni's and his experience this year. I value and greatly appreciate that kind of service. I did not buy a product that day, but they took care of me, in my mind, the way I look to be. So thank you!

Last edited:

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
They said nearly everything. They also said they tried more of a "Race" setting or dead flat type setting originally. This time they went a tad in. All within spec of course.

And yes, front and rear alignment both times (Or is that rear to front lol)...

They also said most folks cannot tell them what the car is doing in what situation/condition and because I was able to, they could set the car up to my liking.

One situation I could feel was the right front tire starting to chatter in strong left turns. But the left tire never did. It would break lose before chattering.

Another was when powering around 4700-4900rpms... I could cause the car to lose traction in a repeatable fashion in multiple ways. All relating to the position of the car at that moment. Now I do realize I still need to do some suspension tweaks and add-ons... But the attitude of the car is totally night and day. To say it is far more fun to drive now simply does not do it justice.

Having a car that is predictable comforts me. Knowing how to help the car perform and still ask for more is... Well it makes me giddy.

And now the car responds the way my wife wants it to. Heck I have not seen the car other than a four hour drive through the countryside on Sunday. She keeps driving it! lol

Maybe I am to picky... Maybe I am wanting this car to make a smile on my face that takes days to remove... Either way, this car fun to drive now...

Before it was more like work than fun...

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
OK... SO... We have put another 500 miles on this setup and we are very happy. We have a few reactions that we are not fans of. And are back to focusing in on LCA's for assistance with those. Like clock work we can break this car lose or cause it to react in a way we do not like at around 4700rpm's... It is even worse in wet conditions. I just need to offer a tad more steering into the car and we are dancing in the streets at any speed over 15mph...

In fact... The best way to describe it... It is like I turned off traction control. But we have not touched it. Yes, traction control kicks in once the dancing starts, but I think we are not allowing it to work properly. As I did push this car in the factory setup originally and the traction control is simply not responding at the same level then as it does now.

Looking forward to Black Friday sales... Need more go fast parts and looking into a foamer for winter washing without buckets =]

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
OK... Ordered BMR LCA TCA032's and Relo-brackets CAB005's...

I do plan to trim down the LCA lowering brackets like skwerl and others have. Any suggestions on what primer/paint to use on the exposed metal once I am done? I recognize anything for autos and salt will do. Just like asking in case others have a preference as this is a 365 day a year daily driver...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back