Pony lights won't turn off.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
The interior lights go off, no door ajar message, and all the exterior lights turn off after a few seconds but the pony lights remain on. I've disconnected the battery for now. I have not seen this problem posted anywhere. Any help is appreciated.

-Jeff-
STOC 025

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, can't figure out how to delete a post I made. Anyway, since the problem arose today and we were going to be gone all day in the other car (not time to trouble shoot), I left the battery disconnected. Tonight when I got home I reconnected the battery, the problem appears to have resolved itself. I guess disconnecting the battery might have reset something??

Drkmrkiv

forum member
Reaction score
Hmm... Sounds similar to my problem (which I, nor anyone else has been able to figure out).

My interior lights one night stayed on. They stayed on when driving, stayed on when car was parked and turned off. They never turned off regardless if the car was on/running/off/key in or out of ignition/etc.

I ended up ceding to the problem and took the light bulbs out. Is this similar to your problem?

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
In my case the interior lights would go out a short time after the door was closed, but the pony lights under the mirrors would not.

In your case it sounds like maybe the dimmer switch (just left of the headlight switch) for the instrument lights was rotated all the way up past the detent? That turns on the interior lights and overrides everything else.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back