Post up pics of your Git-Boxes

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Time for a thread revival... Check out what the wife picked up for Christmas for me this year!

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-GART50QA

Ibanez.jpg

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice Marc. I got a Fender GDEC 3 15w practice amp for christmas. It has a ton of backing tracks on it and you play the guitar parts through the amp with the backing track. I have a ton of backing tracks on my computers that I can transfer to the amp so I can lug it downstairs and noodle away on the couch when the feeling strikes me. How does the neck feel on the Ibanez? After all these years I've never played one. I have two strats and a godin left, just gave my musician son my prized PRS for Christmas...

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Sweet. How's the playing coming along?

Not too bad. I have the basic chord progressions down. I am working on speed and moving from chord to chord both in and out of order to get used to finger placement and strum patterns. I have also been working on learning Sweet Home Alabama, One, Suicide And Redemption, Smoke On The Water and some others so I can work on speed and finding string without looking.

I'll tell you this... it is a lot hard than I expected because I am not spending the time like I should. I think the new toy will help change that. LOL

Nice Marc. I got a Fender GDEC 3 15w practice amp for christmas. It has a ton of backing tracks on it and you play the guitar parts through the amp with the backing track. I have a ton of backing tracks on my computers that I can transfer to the amp so I can lug it downstairs and noodle away on the couch when the feeling strikes me.

Man, that sounds awesome. I would assume something like that could help with timing for guys who are learning... and a portable party for guys with talent.

How does the neck feel on the Ibanez? After all these years I've never played one. I have two strats and a godin left, just gave my musician son my prized PRS for Christmas...

The finger board is a shade wider, which helps me. I have been learning to play with classic finger placement, mostly because the neck of the Strat was so narrow. Now I can thumb the low E without hitting the A or pulling the E out of tune. Also, compared to the Strat, it takes much less finger pressure to get a selected fret position to play correctly.

There is no such thing as a cheap PRS (quality or cost). He is a lucky guy to have a Dad willing to let a quality peice go.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There are some some decent jamtracks over here. Check them out first though, some of them are not so "decent". If you're into tabs, check this out...

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
A few of mine, on the other wall is another electric Bass and an Upright Bass

Mo_Strings.jpg

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Neat stuff! I just picked up a Fender GTrac, which has backing track support and all that as well, but nowhere the clean interface that I see for this one. Worth more of a look...

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Should show up in a day or so, and I'll mess around with it on the long weekend. Will be playing an older Strat Texas Special and Godin Exit 22.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got curious, got the driver loaded, loaded software and update. Tones are kind of nice, seem dead on with neck pickup, a bit tinny w/bridge. Then again that's on the Godin, haven't yet tried the Strat. Need to import some backing tracks, then import some MP3s and see how hard to mute the leads, then try extracting leads to slow 'em down and learn. Gonna be fun...will post vids...

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
I am interested in this as well..... I just picked up another Ibanez electric, and I am looking for more pedals as well..

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pulled in a SRV "Tin Pan Alley" backing track, jammed along using multiple tones. Got more jam tracks and imported, played along, got a little bored but a good jam tool. Makes this very similar to the Line6 GuitarPod product. I like that I can keep the little JamVox downstairs in front of the tube, plug it into my laptop and just jam when I see fit. Otherwise, gotta leave the room, get the amps set up upstairs, etc. Nice, convenient.

Next I'll try pulling in full song MP3s and trying to mute out the lead guitar to see if that works as advertised. The pull JUST the lead out, loop it, slow it down so I can learn the phrases...

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
You guys have some very nice guitars up in here! :highfive: I have been playing since I was 14(15 years now) and mainly play acoustic. I ashamed to say that I don't even have a pic of any of my guitars. :asshat:

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pulled in a SRV "Tin Pan Alley" backing track, jammed along using multiple tones. Got more jam tracks and imported, played along, got a little bored but a good jam tool. Makes this very similar to the Line6 GuitarPod product. I like that I can keep the little JamVox downstairs in front of the tube, plug it into my laptop and just jam when I see fit. Otherwise, gotta leave the room, get the amps set up upstairs, etc. Nice, convenient.

Next I'll try pulling in full song MP3s and trying to mute out the lead guitar to see if that works as advertised. The pull JUST the lead out, loop it, slow it down so I can learn the phrases...

Cool. Ordering now. I have an Aardvark Direct Pro 24/96 DA converter on my desktop in the home studio but was looking for something to use with my laptop.

Back