Reaction score
Who would that be?

Guess who....

snap-43674.png

Nobody figured it out...

Casey4s

forum member
Reaction score
Here's some of my stuff... your basic Fender guitars. I have a couple of HB guitars too but no pics.

2a8a.jpg

b847.jpg

5f9d.jpg

All the amps are home made DIY tube amps, I have a few more but no pictures available.

008.jpg

e78a.jpg

b576.jpg

e1cb.jpg

c774.jpg

c4ff.jpg

SixtySix

ZonieBaloney
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dude! Nice work on the amps :thumb: What's the preamp/power tube configuration on those?

Casey4s

forum member
Reaction score
Dude! Nice work on the amps :thumb: What's the preamp/power tube configuration on those?

They are all a little different, I like the tone quality of 6V6GT's so I use those a lot. I use only NOS tubes and no new production Russian or Chinese tubes. The preamp tubes are a mix of RCA, GE, Sylvania, Tung-Sol, Raytheon and a few others.

The first pic is basically a 5F6A Tweed Bassman but with 4x6v6 instead of 2x6L6 like the originals. I can replace the power tubes with 2x5881s and rebias for a little different feel and tone. 12AX7s, 12AT7 and Mazda 6V6GTs.
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff243/Casey4s/DIY%205F6A%20Bassman%204%20Valve/

The second pic is a variation on a BF Princeton Reverb. I Added a mix and dwell to the reverb, a midrange control, and a presence control. It uses the stock NOS tube configuration, 12AX7s and 12AT7s with Tung-Sol 6V6GTs.
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff243/Casey4s/DIY BF Princeton Reverb Variation Walnut/?start=all

The third pic is a Tweed Deluxe 12AY7 12AX7s and RCA 6V6GTs, this amp has TBM tone controls added.

The fourth pic is a variation on an Ampeg SB12 portaflex with 12AX7s and Tung-Sol 7027As
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff243/Casey4s/DIY Ampeg SB12 Clone/?start=all

The fifth pic is a Tweed Champ/Princeton variation with Pentode-Triode switch, 10" speaker 12AX7s and Tung-Sol 5881.
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff243/Casey4s/DIY XChamp 5F1F2 Champ Variation/?start=all

Number six is a 1957 Gibson GA15 I rebuilt for a friend of mine and added spring reverb, new cabinet and speaker 12AY7 6SL7 and a pair of Mazda 6V6GTs.
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff243/Casey4s/Gibson GA 15 Restoration/?start=all

Last edited:

SixtySix

ZonieBaloney
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You just in it for the hobby of it, or do you sell some of these?

My only tube amp experience has been Marshall's with EL34's, I haven't actually played through any of the classics like the one's you're making.

Casey4s

forum member
Reaction score
You just in it for the hobby of it, or do you sell some of these?

My only tube amp experience has been Marshall's with EL34's, I haven't actually played through any of the classics like the one's you're making.

I only do it for the hobby value, partly because of legal reasons and lack of UL approval, but I have made a couple for my brother and a few friends.

The only amp I have with EL34's is a 1976 Ampeg VT-22 I converted for those tubes to limit the headroom and get a bit more top end break up.

Last edited:

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Well, here is my first one. It's a China Strat... can't afford a US or Mexico, but I still like it. I have had it for less than a week and I am having a blast.

I left the bar off for now. I figure that's for guys who know what they are doing.

Strat1.jpg

Strat_Body.jpg

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Wow, that is something... I don't think I will be playing like that anytime soon.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
These are my baby's

The Basses are very rare, 86' Warwick Thumbass 5 neckthrough (Hand made by Hans Peter Wilfer) and the 4 is a Tomkins from Australia (Tom Hamilton from Aerosmith has a couple. Theres also an electric upright Bass not seen in the picture.

The Guitars are an Early Parker NightFly, a Selmer/Mcafree style Gitane (Django) and an Ovation Standard Balladeer (USA).

Attachments

• Mo_Strings.jpg
    Mo_Strings.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 8

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Pure awesomeness.

Help him out with some votes...

"This is my entry to Guitar Idol 2009. I made it to the Final Heat so please VOTE if you like it. Please?

http://www.guitaridol.tv/online_final...

Here is the link to my page so all you have to do is sign up (takes only a minute) and then press VOTE on my video!!!"

This d00d reminds me of Kakhi King, this pretty lil girl with an Ovation acoustic and an unconventional style, saw her live a few times and i gotta say im impressed. This d00d aint too shaby either.

Ever see Stanely Jordan play? hes one of the orginators of this style and of caorse, Reggie Wooten (Victor Wootens brother) has the craziest string acrobatics ive ever seen!!

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
This d00d reminds me of Kakhi King, this pretty lil girl with an Ovation acoustic and an unconventional style, saw her live a few times and i gotta say im impressed. This d00d aint too shaby either.

Ever see Stanely Jordan play? hes one of the orginators of this style and of caorse, Reggie Wooten (Victor Wootens brother) has the craziest string acrobatics ive ever seen!!

Yes dude!!! Kaki king ftmfw!!! i remember seeing this years ago and always wanted to get into it, but I HATE retuning my guitar after putting it in open D to do things like this.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes dude!!! Kaki king ftmfw!!! i remember seeing this years ago and always wanted to get into it, but I HATE retuning my guitar after putting it in open D to do things like this.

Ick, that's more beat-box than guitar work. Plus, everybody knows that girl's can't play guitar. Sheesh...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back