Roushcharger question

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
About the only real negative I can think of is the $$$$. It's a pretty stout engine. It should be able to handle anything you would throw at it.

JerryC

Reaction score
Your running 10.80's, how is yours holding up? I haven't head from you in forever, so i would think that everything is going ok with the car.

I'm and it is the same. I drive it all the time, but not hard. I'm glad I went with a PD blower, any time I feel a need for power I just roll into the throttle and it will just push me back. Keeps me from running it all out, all of the time. Put a smaller pulley on for my B-day, 82 down to 79mm, :) .

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Plenty of people have been running the aluminator with no problems, but I would upgrade the oil pump gears def. The down side is cause of the comp you will have to run some more boost than you would with the boss short to see the same power. I have been going back n forth between an aluminator or boss short when I upgrade.

SS KILLR

Killer of the SS
Reaction score
Let me ask some opinions here. If I decide to cut my loses, And Roush puts in a new short block. How much would be a reasonable selling price with the supercharger and all. 6 speed 1800 miles leathered out.

JerryC

Reaction score
Let me ask some opinions here. If I decide to cut my loses, And Roush puts in a new short block. How much would be a reasonable selling price with the supercharger and all. 6 speed 1800 miles leathered out.

KevinP sold his, base auto with TVS, was listed for 25/26K dont know the selling price.

I'm going to guess that when you get it running, you'll keep it for a while.

SS KILLR

Killer of the SS
Reaction score
Lol maybe. This shit is stressing me out bad. Just ready to get the '12 Boss on the lot or do a dealer trade for a '13 Gt

JerryC

Reaction score
Lol maybe. This shit is stressing me out bad. Just ready to get the '12 Boss on the lot or do a dealer trade for a '13 Gt

The guy that owns the shop that did my install was correct when he said "You'll be ruined, you'll never be happy with another car that doesnt have a blower."

Oh man was he right. My wife has an identically equiped GT to mine minus the blower. Just driving it around it feels good, but when I want some power it feels like her car is broken. I was merging onto the highway and checked traffic and thought "I got this" forgetting what car I was in. It was a lot closer than I planned on, and I'm thinking "her car neds a blower" :)

VET-KLR

forum member
Reaction score
I had the same thoughts, but now that it's running again no way! Love the car and the power is pretty damn cool to have all the time. Good luck and you'll get it back going! If you do sell it and go with a Boss keep the blower and put the other one back to stock. Then put the blower on the Boss! :thumb:

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
damn man, I just took the time to read the entire thread, sorry to see you have these issues. hope you get squared away shortly. good luck

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I've been running 12PSI with my whipple pushing 604RWHP and I'm not having any problems at all (knock on wood). My biggest issue now is brakes and I might need a little more stiffness. Just got back today from the dragon and I had some pretty bad brake fade plus I was moving all around in the leather seats.

jojobee

Reaction score
So any update from Roush...I'm ordering my blower today and would really like to see them honor their warranty before I close the deal.

Good luck and keep fighting :)

SS KILLR

Killer of the SS
Reaction score
I should know today, At first they tried to say that I changed the pulley. I pointed out that you could clearly see there seal on it still. Hopefully they will not tell me to get fucked. I will either be doing alot of future busniess with them or NONE. That includes out whole dealership.

2c5s

forum member
Reaction score
I've been running 12PSI with my whipple pushing 604RWHP and I'm not having any problems at all (knock on wood). My biggest issue now is brakes and I might need a little more stiffness. Just got back today from the dragon and I had some pretty bad brake fade plus I was moving all around in the leather seats.

14psi at peak, 16-17psi mid range 730 rwhp 660 rwt on a bone stock 16,000 mile long block. It's all in the tune.....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back