Roushcharger question

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
See. Now you have the perfect opportunity to clean up the grinding marks on your timing cover. I tell ya, when I go to do mine, I'll most likely remove the timing cover and grind it off the car. More work, but at the same time, it will be easier to get that part done.

That is a good idea and also a good time to install billet oil pump gears. ;)

majorbanjo

Reaction score
I just read all 13 pages of this....it was like a great movie with a happy ending.....I was on the fence about a Roush Charger....now I'm pulling the trigger.....

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
...... good time to install billet oil pump gears. ;)

You're right about that! When I do mine, eventually, I'll do the oil pump gear as well. It'll mean more work, like I said, but then, it's done right and you have the reassurance of billet pump gears which I personally think everyone who goes FI should do.

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
You're right about that! When I do mine, eventually, I'll do the oil pump gear as well. It'll mean more work, like I said, but then, it's done right and you have the reassurance of billet pump gears which I personally think everyone who goes FI should do.

Honest question with no offense intended: I've read this several times from folks. Is that viewpoint based solely on the ONE oil pump failure on the twin turbo Mustang that was pushing approximately one bzillion RWHP? Or has there been other documented (or at least posted) failures?

Last edited:

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
There have been 6-8 that I know of. It's cheap insurance, change out the oil pump gears to the TSS and you won't have to worry about them again.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Honest question with no offense intended: I've read this several times from folks. Is that viewpoint based solely on the ONE oil pump failure on the twin turbo Mustang that was pushing approximately one bzillion RWHP? Or has there been other documented (or at least posted) failures?

Chris Cruz had a failure with his 2.9 setup. A few others as well.

There have been 6-8 that I know of. It's cheap insurance, change out the oil pump gears to the TSS and you won't have to worry about them again.

+1

cmg427

forum member
Reaction score
It says the video is private

Congrats on the new block, glad Roush stepped up.
Jack is a great guy, you should come by a meet sometime this year if your close. Jack will sign anything for you and they give you a free signed Roush poster too. He spends most of the day signing anything and everything for free, I think Shelby charges about $250 a sig

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It says the video is private

Congrats on the new block, glad Roush stepped up.
Jack is a great guy, you should come by a meet sometime this year if your close. Jack will sign anything for you and they give you a free signed Roush poster too. He spends most of the day signing anything and everything for free, I think Shelby charges about $250 a sig

Shelby doesn't charge anything anymore.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The oil pump gears are a know weak link. There are many examples. Cost me a short block.

P1013485.jpg

That's cold.... :beerchug2:

Someone's been under a rock

Last edited:

cmg427

forum member
Reaction score

Thats cool, my neighbor has a Shelby and he just told me that the other day. I would think they make enough money other ways then to charge for a sig.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats cool, my neighbor has a Shelby and he just told me that the other day. I would think they make enough money other ways then to charge for a sig.

Dude, where the hell you been, Carroll died a few days back.... :thud:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back