Saleen S/C's and High Air Inlet Temps

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I thought perhaps i damaged a wire moving the harness around but everything looks ok, its just my luck that my TB craps out when install a nice new mod and i have a Track rental on Satuday... :rant:

Got my hands on a stock TB and the car started up and idled smooth, swapepd the TB Actuator over to the GT500 TB and went for a 20 min cruise, back in action! Hopefully the track rental isnt cancelled due to the rain in the forecast, my luck strikes again.

Back to the JPC reservoir, I let the car idle in the hot ass garage for 10 min, AIT temps dint go past 130ish, was driving the car hard and its humid out, in the 70's, temps were steady. It shows great under the hood, hold a ton more coolant and best of all it doesn't leak like the Saleen res.

Fit and finish and functionatliy, nice work JPC :thumb2:

Barricade

Decepticon Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Is there a Group buy going?? I will be back in action and on this very soon.

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
Ok Guys. I have my first run of Black tanks in. 2 are sold.

So in stock right now I have 1 standard aluminum. I have pricing on the site now as the sale. I will not order anymore of these tanks unless they are bought up front due to cost to build. I was hoping these would move quicker to keep them in stock. Basically 2 weeks to order a aluminum and 3 1/2weeks roughly to get a black coated one.

IMAG0244.jpg

IMAG0246.jpg

IMAG0247.jpg

http://store.jpcracing.com/JPC-Racing-Custom-Saleen-Intercooler-Resovoir_p_1708.html

Last edited:

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Im shocked as well, it sounded like everyone wanted in. I really dig mine and it was great peice of mind this weekend a rental at English Town Raceway, It was 100 degrees and my AIT's were hitting 170!, dont think that puny lil Saleen canister would have kept the coolant from puking all over the place.

Barricade

Decepticon Extraordinaire
Reaction score
hey RedMosesSC...were you able to take a few of the install pix?
Can you post em up??

So I have JPC's tank and I picked up an AFCO dual pass heat exchanger (one without the fans).
I also picked up a couple of fans to mount on it if I have the room.

2011-07-13165449.jpg

Im excited about bringing the temp down...

What exactly do yall run in your IC tank/HE?

Last edited:

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
I agree. Your tank looks a bit nicer but I prefer the placement of this one away from the heat and filling the void left from the airbox.

If the supershaker was the standard we would have made a nice monster like that. I would say the effect from the exhaust will effect our box much more than that unit. The exhaust heat will get to both of them but with the exhaust being so low it's not a big issue

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
Well looks like it fits with the new design set up with the metal bracket :).

Below is a pic of a customers car, he supplied me with the photos, real minor mods needed to work with the bracket.

"oblong the holes by about a1/4 of their diameter and I also ground a little (1/16"") off the flange."

DSCF0920.jpg

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score

Tell me about the fitting (bottom pic) that has the conduit on it without a brass coupling...temp probe?

Also, is this tank custom designed to your specs, or is there a Canton P/N to order one like it?

Where is your I/C pump mounted?

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Tell me about the fitting (bottom pic) that has the conduit on it without a brass coupling...temp probe?

Also, is this tank custom designed to your specs, or is there a Canton P/N to order one like it?

Where is your I/C pump mounted?

The fitting you're looking at is an additional bung I had Canton add to the tank. The coolant temp sensor you see is a normally open switch that senses I/C coolant temp and closes to turn on (2) 5.2" Spal fans on the Afco H/E. There's no need for them to run when the temp is below a certain temp.

Yes the tank is a custom tank, but it is only custom because of that additional bung I requested. The I/C reservoir is basically just a 80-237ND reservoir with the additional bung.

If I were to purchase this reservoir (or any other reservoir) again, I would request the outlet fitting to the I/C pump to be moved from the rear of the tank (next to the firewall) to the front of the tank. This relocation would provide additional clearance for the Performance Automatic pan's dipstick tube and JDM transmission catch can.

Here's a better picture of the outlet fitting to dipstick tube clearance issue I just mentioned. You'll also notice I replaced the black reservoir cap with a red reservoir cap - just my preference. This picture also shows the previously mention I/C coolant temp sensor.

If you are planning on ordering a custom tank, it really isn't that much more expensive and you can get the tank configured the way you want it - just ask for Brandon in Sales @ Canton.
100_1714.jpg

Concerning the I/C pump - it is mounted in the same location as originally per Saleen, right in front of the W/W reservoir. The reason the location may look odd is because I have a GT 500 fascia.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back