Seer's 2012 GT500

xAeons

forum member
Reaction score
CTD is the laughing stock of the L4P forums.

Seer- I am sorry to hear about your car and I hope that everything gets resolved in your favor. You should post up your story over on the L4P forums (the one I linked). They would be interested to hear it.

Spiralkros

Reaction score
GT500 for sale

Well the car is in wexford pa is just a few miles from cranberry, pa, it was heavily modded at some point (looked at it in person), the dealership sells high end cars, said they took in as a trade on a vette. If I wanted to trade my car in and get top dollar, I would put it back to stock (as much as possible). If I decide to pursue the car, I'll inquire as to the identity of the previous owner or have the folks at Shults Ford in Wexford run the vin. It's pretty, but I don't want to inherit anothers problem child.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How's the car for sale with a dead hole?

Spiralkros

Reaction score
GT500 for sale

Dead? He said it was running, just smashing the piston top and closing plugs with the head of a drywall screw. The grills and rims were for sale over at svt forums. I know the grills and afco HE were sold.

Foozeh

forum member
Reaction score
I believe he was/is taking legal action against the shop for the damage, I doubt it would be traded in already. Could be wrong though.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't see it running well.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
CTD is the laughing stock of the L4P forums.

Seer- I am sorry to hear about your car and I hope that everything gets resolved in your favor. You should post up your story over on the L4P forums (the one I linked). They would be interested to hear it.

I did. They deleted it

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Car didn't have a dead cyl
Just low compression in #7

Spiralkros

Reaction score
Yep, ugly close up, when we use borescopes at work they make imperfections look all that more bad. If the drywall screw head was removed and the engine buttoned back up, it would run, might not look so great on a leak down or maybe it would. In regards to litigation it would be tough to prove who is responsible for the damage, Jason supplied the parts, the shop assembled the block, how do you prove who did what? The only one that wins in the end are the lawyers.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Yep, ugly close up, when we use borescopes at work they make imperfections look all that more bad. If the drywall screw head was removed and the engine buttoned back up, it would run, might not look so great on a leak down or maybe it would. In regards to litigation it would be tough to prove who is responsible for the damage, Jason supplied the parts, the shop assembled the block, how do you prove who did what? The only one that wins in the end are the lawyers.

Because I drop shipped parts from vendors. Same as if the shop bought it themselves. Easy to prove who made the mistake. The incompetent techs at ctd.

I never saw the parts until the car was delivered. They were bought new. No real debate here

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back