Shocks and struts.

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I keep hearing about these "10 way" (LOL) adjustables from Strange. You know, the guys known for cheap drag race stuff?

http://www.uprproducts.com/strange-mustang-adjustable-shock-05.html

Wow I don't know what to say here... These $89 shocks look like they have a knob on them, sure, but I would venture a guess that these are going to do poorly on a shock dyno and worse in real world use. "You get what you pay for" always applies. Always. UPR sells them, so that says something.

We had a customer earlier today write us about how poorly his car rode on these Strange "10 way" shocks + lowering springs, so that's one example. I'm sure there are more. I guess there could be a magic $89 twin tube that doesn't ride like ass, has an adequate damping adjustment range, and lasts more than 3 months, but I highly doubt this is it.

This is corner-carvers. We try to keep people from making bad decisions on suspensions. I try HARD not to trash products I don't like, but $89 "10 way" shocks? That's just crap and I can't hold my tongue.

kcbrown

forum member
Reaction score
Performance really isn't the problem. It's durability,and quality. You can't test either of those in a day on a track.

The claims bandied about here are that the Bilsteins are superior because they are a monotube design. But all of the real advantages of that are squarely in the performance category.

If you have an application and budget for which Koni is the fit, great. If you have an application outside of what the konis are designed for, don't get konis.
I completely agree. The question is what applications the Konis are good for. They seem to work well for my application, and are probably quite suitable for mildly lowered cars. That likely accounts for a lot of the cars out there.

Will the Bilsteins be better for those applications? Maybe. But without the head to head comparison I mentioned, it's all just opinion and experience. And experiences differ substantially there. Put another way, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of objective assessment to go by. That's a shame, because I think it would be better for everyone in the market for these things if there were.

The lack of hard data is a bit odd, really. It's not like there hasn't been enough time for it.

(Sent with Tapatalk, so apologies for the lackluster formatting)

Last edited:

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the advice, much appreciated. Don't know very much about what it all means when coming to suspension. Always thought it was throw it on and good to go as well as prices. Learning a lot really just know engines lol. But I believe I have found my route now for my usage.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back