Short Throw Shifter !

-CRUISER-

Windveil GT
Reaction score
What Short Throw Shifters you guys on S197FORUM running ?? Anyone tried more than one ?? I was thinking B&M but want to know my other options are and what are people's favorites !!

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have had the MGW and Pro 5.0.
Reccomend the Pro 5.0

Steeda and Hurst have good shifters too

Dont know of any one using a B&M.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
had a hurst,it was ok but kept grinding when i went from 1-2, replaced with MGW and love it,no grinds!!

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I've had the B&M in my car since late '05. The only issue I had early on was that I didn't loctite the bolt below that attaches it to the remote shift linkage and it loosened up. Fortunately I felt the looseness and went back and corrected that mistake and I've had no problems since.

If I were to get another shifter I'd get either a MGW or Pro 5.0 since they seem to be the best ones out there.

limetym

forum member
Reaction score
I have the upr shifter with roush lever and ball. Its not bad but it is a little notchier than the roush short throw i tried out. Wish i would have gone pro 5.0 or mgw. Dont get the upr handle, way too tall.

TorchedGT

Mustang Operator
Reaction score
i have a stillen shifter... 60% reduction in through... they are only bout 160 bucks new. i had the hurst before but it rattled too much

Kiddigretarzz

forum member
Reaction score
Roush shifter.
It´s a little notchy but I actually like that. I sometimes tend to miss 1-2 shifts though, don´t know if that´s the shifter, tranny vibration or 2nd gear syncro .. or just all of the above.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back