Sky Render's Build Thread

2Fass240us

forum member
Reaction score
It's been a week without pix, so I'm throwing mine in.
12806045_841731285955335_6052629174329057474_n.jpg

kcbrown

forum member
Reaction score
It's been a week without pix, so I'm throwing mine in.
12806045_841731285955335_6052629174329057474_n.jpg

OK, that looks great! Color me impressed. I wouldn't have guessed that the combination would work as well as it does.

(Sent with Tapatalk, so apologies for the lackluster formatting)

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
OK, that looks great! Color me impressed. I wouldn't have guessed that the combination would work as well as it does.

(Sent with Tapatalk, so apologies for the lackluster formatting)

Have you never seen an STi?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tires are in; they're getting installed on Saturday morning. Wish I could get out there earlier, but I can't get off work.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question.......Why are you posting pics in someones build thread? Start your own thread.

2Fass240us

forum member
Reaction score
Just a quick question.......Why are you posting pics in someones build thread? Start your own thread.
I was going to post a smartass response, but you guys take the internets sofa king seriously only a straight answer will do: Because I'm impatient and want to see unboxed pictures of Vince's wheels.

Vince: If my posts here are a problem let me know and I'll wipe them.

2Fass240us

forum member
Reaction score
Tires are in; they're getting installed on Saturday morning. Wish I could get out there earlier, but I can't get off work.
In the event this shop hasn't mounted tires on CF5s for you before, might be a good idea to caution them. The spokes stick out (axially) farther than the lip where they hit the lip. I've had two shops damage different CF5s in the same spot.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL, James' got my back! :highfive:

I was going to post a smartass response, but you guys take the internets sofa king seriously only a straight answer will do: Because I'm impatient and want to see unboxed pictures of Vince's wheels.

Vince: If my posts here are a problem let me know and I'll wipe them.

No, you don't have to delete anything. But is considered a bit of a faux pas to gratuitously post pictures of your own ride in someone else's build thread. Now you just need to post a "which muffler is the loudest" thread over in tech and you'll be a quintessential noob! :poke:

In the event this shop hasn't mounted tires on CF5s for you before, might be a good idea to caution them. The spokes stick out (axially) farther than the lip where they hit the lip. I've had two shops damage different CF5s in the same spot.

Ran downstairs to look at them. I see what you mean; they're the opposite of "deep dish." I'm actually having the Ford dealer put them on, so they're not some fly-by-night outfit. But, do you have pictures of where the damage was so I could maybe subtly warn them?

2Fass240us

forum member
Reaction score
But is considered a bit of a faux pas to gratuitously post pictures of your own ride in someone else's build thread. Now you just need to post a "which muffler is the loudest" thread over in tech and you'll be a quintessential noob! :poke:
To be fair:

• All I did initially is mention the color I chose, after which 4 people (not me) posted pictures of their cars.
  • I was asked multiple times to post pictures of my car/wheels. I give the people what they want. I'm a people person. :)
  • Posting one picture in the box and another on the car is not "gratuitous."
Ran downstairs to look at them. I see what you mean; they're the opposite of "deep dish." I'm actually having the Ford dealer put them on, so they're not some fly-by-night outfit. But, do you have pictures of where the damage was so I could maybe subtly warn them?
So I get bitched at for posting two pictures of my car/wheels and now you're asking me to post a third? That's 50% moar. Or for those keeping score, 700% more irony.

I'll see if I can sneak out to take a picture later.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Quit acting butthurt. You probably got called out because you posted the same pic of your car in multiple threads all over the site. We get it: you're excited about your new wheels. And they look good, BTW. Now get some front center caps.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back