Sky Render's Build Thread

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My mechanic Lugnut the Corgi loves when new parts are delivered.

IMG_20170403_185625.jpg

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the heat shrink ones look good, but I don't like the irreversible nature of them. Because I never get things to fit right the first time!

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
Would be fun to run with you at VIR with TrackDaze and NASA (4 days at the track) in HPDE 3 17 & 18 and 19 & 20 August. I've been out of the game for the past 3 years, but ready to get back on the road courses this year. You have a really impressive Mustang. Would be fun to see two gray Mustangs tear up the full course. Mike

Last edited:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Missus got me a Torque 22D Random Orbital polisher for my birthday. I love detailing cars as much as modifying and racing them, but I always did EVERYTHING by hand. Now I can do real paint correction and apply wax/sealant in about a quarter of the time, and the 22D is professional grade to boot.

Yesterday, I did a full clay bar service, minor paint correction with some V38, Black Light glaze, and a nano "M Seal" sealant (all Chemical Guys products).

The paint doesn't even look real. It's like a liquid.

IMG_20170408_122307.jpg

Would be fun to run with you at VIR with TrackDaze and NASA (4 days at the track) in HPDE 3 17 & 18 and 19 & 20 August. I've been out of the game for the past 3 years, but ready to get back on the road courses this year. You have a really impressive Mustang. Would be fun to see two gray Mustangs tear up the full course. Mike

Hey, thanks! I would like to get down there, even if only to watch.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I found a good deal on the 2011 Factory Service Manuals​ on Flea Bay.

IMG_20170410_183303.jpg

These things are great! I should have gotten them sooner. Complete repair, diagnosis, and troubleshooting information. Definitely worth the money.

And I started assembling this contraption:

IMG_20170410_184932.jpg

Coolant expansion tank by Radium Engineering. I took lots of pictures, but they're on my real camera, so you'll have to wait. Beautifully machined and constructed piece.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The coolant surge/degas tank is assembled but not yet installed. Radium Engineering sent me a 1.5-bar (22-psi) pressure cap for it; apparently the 2015+ Coyotes use a higher-pressure cooling system than ours, which use a 1.1-bar (16-psi) cap.

Radium is sending me the lower-pressure cap, so I hope to get this thing installed sometime next week. But I won't be able to test it at the autocross this weekend. :-/

QuickShift281

forum member
Reaction score
I found a good deal on the 2011 Factory Service Manuals​ on Flea Bay.

IMG_20170410_183303.jpg

These things are great! I should have gotten them sooner. Complete repair, diagnosis, and troubleshooting information. Definitely worth the money.

And I started assembling this contraption:

IMG_20170410_184932.jpg

Coolant expansion tank by Radium Engineering. I took lots of pictures, but they're on my real camera, so you'll have to wait. Beautifully machined and constructed piece.

Ive got a manual for my 05. By far one of the most underrated "tools". Always nice to have one.

Gab

Bullitthead
Reaction score
I'm so glad I found this thread! I'd seen your articles on MotoIQ and love them! Of course, it helps that I'm also an engineer. :)

Great work on your car, I've enjoyed the entire thread!

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good luck tomorrow. I'm going to try and make a couple this year. Not sure what class I would be in with a 2.3 whipple Tremec trans all kind of suspensions mods.

If you're talking SCCA classing, I think you'll be in a MOD class. :-/

I'm so glad I found this thread! I'd seen your articles on MotoIQ and love them! Of course, it helps that I'm also an engineer. :)

Great work on your car, I've enjoyed the entire thread!

Hey thanks! I've got a couple more articles in the works, too. :p

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Today's best run. First place in the"Muscle Car" class.

I could NOT figure out that first corner. I think I lost at least a second there.

Test & Tune is tomorrow, same course. Help me figure out that damn corner!

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Today's best run. First place in the"Muscle Car" class.

I could NOT figure out that first corner. I think I lost at least a second there.

Test & Tune is tomorrow, same course. Help me figure out that damn corner!

You looked good out there, nice and smooth.

My son and I are trying to figure it all out as well, second event for us both.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back