DSC_0078_79_80_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_0114_5_6_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_0081_2_3_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_0240_1_2_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_0228_29_30_tonemapped.jpg

shad2009

forum member
Reaction score
nice pics!!! wish i woulda looked at this earlier, i cleaned up the stang and had 2 ppl chump out on me

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
The first and last look great. The 4th looks like you over did it a little. You can see it on the front end of the cars. The honda looks great b/c its just enough. What program did you use? Are they real HDR's with multiple exposures or fake HDRs?

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
The honda looks great b/c its just enough. What program did you use? Are they real HDR's with multiple exposures or fake HDRs?

My fiancee thanks you for the compliment to her car, haha.

All real HDR (3 shots) with his Nikon D5100.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
The first and last look great. The 4th looks like you over did it a little. You can see it on the front end of the cars. The honda looks great b/c its just enough. What program did you use? Are they real HDR's with multiple exposures or fake HDRs?

Three exposures, +/- 2 stops! Agreed on the 4th picture, I had to really increase the highlighting to get rid of some noise though.

06Mach1

forum member
Reaction score
The HDR here is alittle extreme for my tastes, but good looking stangs! What's with the "Hybrid" emblem on the trunk lid though?

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
Three exposures, +/- 2 stops! Agreed on the 4th picture, I had to really increase the highlighting to get rid of some noise though.

If you increase your amount of exposures that helps. More data the better. I read online somewhere that 3 stops is really not enough but it works for most photos. Ill do 5 or 7 depending on the scene and light and time i have.

One way you make up for it post-shooting is to adjust the exposure in the camera itself. If you shoot in raw format, you can edit the exposures right on the camera or camera software on the computer. Is it 100% real hdr? no. But its significantly better than editing the exposure on a jpg. So when im pressed for time, ill do three exposures and make more using the camera software pre processing. Works pretty well and allows you to go crazy with the hdr processing

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
If you increase your amount of exposures that helps. More data the better. I read online somewhere that 3 stops is really not enough but it works for most photos. Ill do 5 or 7 depending on the scene and light and time i have.

One way you make up for it post-shooting is to adjust the exposure in the camera itself. If you shoot in raw format, you can edit the exposures right on the camera or camera software on the computer. Is it 100% real hdr? no. But its significantly better than editing the exposure on a jpg. So when im pressed for time, ill do three exposures and make more using the camera software pre processing. Works pretty well and allows you to go crazy with the hdr processing

You can definitely mess with exposure in RAW but I'm lazy. I don't do HDR often and when I do, I just bracket it for 3 pictures (my camera won't do more than 3). I would say that once the files are on my drive, I spend about 2-3 minutes processing and adjusting each HDR picture.

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
Yea i hear ya. I dont do hdr often because to do it ritht takes way too much time and im too picky. My camera only does 3 photo brackets too so i dont use it. I think it only does +- 1. so i do it manually. Look good for only a few minutes of processing.

I just like the computery look you get with it.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Yea i hear ya. I dont do hdr often because to do it ritht takes way too much time and im too picky. My camera only does 3 photo brackets too so i dont use it. I think it only does +- 1. so i do it manually. Look good for only a few minutes of processing.

I just like the computery look you get with it.

Same! The only thing I like about HDR is that you can get that weird "rendered" look, like it's surreal. It's also very nice if you are shooting against the sun and whatnot, you can just crank down the dynamic range compression and instead highlight the shadows for detail.

Back