Strut and Shock?

Rio5580

Reaction score
I got some Gt500 Struts for my V6 from the forum for sale board. Are these better than the Gt Struts and shocks.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
I got some Gt500 Struts for my V6 from the forum for sale board. Are these better than the Gt Struts and shocks.

they're valved for a heavier car. You may or may not feel a difference unless your existing set is worn. They'll work fine, just don't expect a huge difference.

Rio5580

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks Ken04 and Runner I will as soon as i get them on.

Thanks

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
you're car might sit higher then you think as it doesnt have nearly the smae weight up front as the gt500. i'mwilling to bet your car wont sit flat, the back will be at the same ride height as the gt500 as the weight is really different.

psycho bob

FISTER
Reaction score
he's not changing the springs just the shocks/struts. the springs will determine the height. the shocks/struts just control the dampening

Rio5580

Reaction score
would it best to lower it then with some lowering springs, How much of a drop?

Four.O

forum member
Reaction score
It would also be good to know about the year of the GT500 shocks and struts.

psycho bob

FISTER
Reaction score
if you're at the stock height then yes lower it. will look so much better and if done right will handle better also. how much lower depends on you.

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
i`m wondering how much less the big cast iron 4.0 weighs compared to the small v8. i really dont think its very much difference. but the 5.4? i would like to see the numbers. ive been running gt struts for the last few years w/gt500 mounts, i`m on my 3rd set on my v6. they are barely noticeable. i do have the gt rotors on the frt and sways. i was gonna throw some new gt springs on it, but a good friend is sending me a complete frt and rear set up from his bullitt. i guess the springs are 1/2" shorter than the gt from the factory with stiffer struts and shocks. i`ll post up the results after i do this change. i really dont want to lower my car, but if its minimal i might like it.

Ampire

3 valve
Reaction score
i`m wondering how much less the big cast iron 4.0 weighs compared to the small v8. i really dont think its very much difference. but the 5.4? i would like to see the numbers. ive been running gt struts for the last few years w/gt500 mounts, i`m on my 3rd set on my v6. they are barely noticeable. i do have the gt rotors on the frt and sways. i was gonna throw some new gt springs on it, but a good friend is sending me a complete frt and rear set up from his bullitt. i guess the springs are 1/2" shorter than the gt from the factory with stiffer struts and shocks. i`ll post up the results after i do this change. i really dont want to lower my car, but if its minimal i might like it.

iron 4.0 is around 400 lbs
alu 4.6 is around 425 lbs
(iron?) 5.4 dohc is around 540 lbs
info: http://www.sullivanperformance.com/yvs450/tech/tech1.htm

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
iron 4.0 is around 400 lbs
alu 4.6 is around 425 lbs
(iron?) 5.4 dohc is around 540 lbs
info: http://www.sullivanperformance.com/yvs450/tech/tech1.htm
wow, nice info. not much diff with the 4.6, but pretty big from the 5.4
i`m gonna try to pull some measurements off the ground to the wheel wells and see what happens. maybe i`ll try the gt springs when i do marcys shocks coming up soon. ive gotta try the bullitt springs on mine now.

op, like was said, the shocks and struts wont change the height. i could notice the gt struts being a little stiffer than the oem v6 but not too much, the gt 500`s should be pretty stout.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back