Thoughts on Maximum Motorsports 2011+ Road & Track Box

claudermilk

Reaction score
I'm on board with Kelly's advise of using bearing/bushing components to maintain streetability and will take that approach. Thank you both for your input.

FYI, I am on that setup in the rear--at least with LCAs. I have the BMR TCA022 (http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=159&superpro=0). There is a definite change in NVH--you can hear more of what's going on in the back, but after a while you get used to it. I can't even imagine how loud a bearing/bearing setup would be.

Then you want Vorshlag plates + stock spring top mount. Get rid of the rubber.

camberplates_exploded_14sq_oemperch.jpg
This. I waited through a lengthy backorder period and am happy I did. The Vorshlag plates are great. I have no experience with the MM, but really i have no reason to swap. Better yet: when you are ready to move to coilovers, the plates are modular. For $75 you can swap out to coilover perches--you don't have to buy a whole new set of plates.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Wow, very interesting.

Surely the spring is just defective or something.

BLKSUNSHINE13

Reaction score
Yeah that's my take. The company behind the springs is of the opinion installation error is to blame. Anyways, the hunt for a suitable spring continues.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Well, if the mount sits perfectly on the spring when the assembly is not together, then something other than the spring may be "off".

The pic you took with the level, that doesn't really tell me much - a stock spring will do the same thing (they do not sit perfectly straight / 90 degrees to surface)

If you remove that piece you have inserted between the mount and the spring, does the mount sit properly on the spring? Not talking angles...but "seated"

BLKSUNSHINE13

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm wondering what the general consensus is from the S197 community concerning 2011+ Maximum Motorsports suspension parts. From what I can tell they are held in high regards by the earlier Mustang enthusiasts, but there doesn't seem to be much interest for the later models. Their R&T box seems like a solid package at a competitive price point, and I'm very interested.

So to summarize what I've learned in regards to the MM r&t Box, most feel that with its heavy spring rates, and spherical bearings, this kits is to radical for street use.

Although every one agrees MM components are high quality, most feel if building a dedicated track car more advanced components would be used in their suspension builds.

All of which answers my question as to why more s197 owners are not running this package.

I'd like to thank you all for your input, I've learned a lot.

BLKSUNSHINE13

Reaction score
Well, if the mount sits perfectly on the spring when the assembly is not together, then something other than the spring may be "off".

The pic you took with the level, that doesn't really tell me much - a stock spring will do the same thing (they do not sit perfectly straight / 90 degrees to surface)

If you remove that piece you have inserted between the mount and the spring, does the mount sit properly on the spring? Not talking angles...but "seated"

Yes, The mount seats

BLKSUNSHINE13

Reaction score
When assembled however the angle of the top coil the mount is seated in never changes. The strut shaft goes through the camber plate angling the spherical bearing off center putting pressure on only one side of the mount as seen in the assembly photograph. If installed to vehicle this way I'm concerned the factory bearing will fail prematurely if not immediately.

SlowJim

forum member
Reaction score
So to summarize what I've learned in regards to the MM r&t Box, most feel that with its heavy spring rates, and spherical bearings, this kits is to radical for street use.

Although every one agrees MM components are high quality, most feel if building a dedicated track car more advanced components would be used in their suspension builds.

Pretty much. If it were my car...

Capture.jpg

Or replace the Ground Controls with Vorshlag's Bilstein kit if you want more street-friendly spring rates. Rear bar upgrade is optional IMO.

Last edited:

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score

Capture.jpg

Or replace the Ground Controls with Vorshlag's Bilstein kit if you want more street-friendly spring rates. Rear bar upgrade is optional IMO.

I would swap out the fixed LCA's for the BMR adjustables with the poly/spherical combo. And an adjustable upper/mount. Otherwise, looks like a good setup to me, nothing too radical since it's a street car.

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
You can buy KW made ST coilovers for around the price of that Ground Control kit.
CC plates aren't as awesome as thiers, but they are real coil-overs.

Last edited:

Mark Aubele

forum member
Reaction score
I also would certainly go for a spherical panhard and deal with the slight increase in NVH, not a place I would want poly IMO.

Hvacmike

Reaction score
Ive had my MM plates on my car for 2 years. I forgot to put the rubber insulators on the springs all the way around. Anyways... I have no complaints they work great easy to adjust. Oh and i have the Steeda comp springs. No extra noises from the stock stuff.

I would recommend MM to anyone. They go through a lot of engineering and testing of all there parts. I am not an MM fan boy either. Ive just been following them for years.

tigercrazy718

Reaction score

Capture.jpg

Any reason you wouldn't do a Watt's Link over the PHB? Or are we just trying to keep the kit components comparable?

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Well, the good news is that the OP already has the Koni's.

If I were him, I would just grab a set of linear springs that are in the 225-260lb/in range up front, and 200+ out back....and grab the other items mentioned in this thread.

If he goes with our components, I can put a package together for him that will make it worth his while and throw him in some of our Elasto Bushings to try out as well.

Mike Rousch

Official Vendor
Reaction score

Capture.jpg

Everything looks good except for the GC kit, They are a shit ass company that has no quality control and they stand behind nothing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back