Throttle body bad?

VectorPat

forum member
Reaction score
For about the past 6 months it would randomly shut off at a low cruising speed, I could cycle the key and it would start back up and run for another couples weeks or sometimes a month before it would do it again. Sometimes it would throw a P2135 code and sometimes none at all. I had tried cleaning the throttle body and connections and it went away for a month or so then a couple weeks ago driving back from Orlando it shut off on I-4, I pulled over and it restarted and ran normal. Lately it has started doing it almost everytime I drive it, but usually just does it once then it runs fine the rest of the day. Today tho as soon as I start to leave my neighborhood it stalled at idle. It restarted but was in limp mode, it made it about 100ft and shut off again and kept stalling while I was trying to get turned around to get it back home. When it was running after the last couple of stalls it would idle about 2k for about 30sec then stall again. Its now throwing P2135 and P2107, both are throttle sensor codes so thinking/hoping I can replace the throttle body to correct it. I dont mind spending the money on it if that what it is but it will tick me off if it isnt. Any other ideas?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Probably either the TPS or stepper motor

The TPS iirc can be bought alone the motor isn't sold seperate.

VectorPat

forum member
Reaction score
It has 42k on it. When it will stay running I have gone thru and pulled on all the wires and connections in the area and it never stalls. So I assume the connections are all good. I will open up the harness and check the soldiered extensions to make sure.

VectorPat

forum member
Reaction score
I put a new TPS on and drove it to dinner last night. It ran fine but its gone for a month before and started it again so I'll have to wait and see how it goes for awhile. The new TPS is a little different in shape and also the piece that moves kind of flops around where the old was tight. Ive never seen a TPS that was like that.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back