Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
i've been one-upped!

spinal_tap_but_it_goes_to_eleven1.jpg

Darkside323

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering how your TR hoods are holding up. My carbon fiber hood is 1year old and cracking all over the place. Cracks are showing on the surface where the 2 halves of the hood are bonded. At first I thought it was paint but last week verified that hooks are starting in the carbon under the primer and manifesting at the paint surface. Is this repairable? I contacted Tiger racing but as you know many things have been going on there so probably won't get any help from them. Does anyone know who actually builds the hoods for Tiger Racing?
I totally love my hood more than any others except for the stock GT 500 hood. The painter suggesting fiberglassing over the cracked areas for added strength but will not guarantee that it won't crack again. I have contacted several people but can not find anyone with my same problem. Could I be the lucky recipient of a bumb hood? What do you guys think?

Osiris

forum member
Reaction score
Mine is FG and doesn't have much time outside. It has seen 3 track days and maybe three weeks outside time. It has seen 160 mph though. It is fine so far. Paul said they aren't made in California. Arizona or Nevada, I don't remember which.

Rehagen Racing

forum member
Reaction score
They are made in NV.

We typically recommend the FG for street use and even a lot of racers.
The CF is typically a full on race hood with little to no support. While extremely light and strong, they will flex and move. This is totally ok on a race car, but a lot of street drivers don't care for it.

Darkside323

forum member
Reaction score
I bought my hood directly from Paul (Tiger Racing). I live very close to the shop. Is it Kamini in Nevada that manufactures the hoods.? I remember talking to the manufacturer at SEMA 2012 but can't remember who it was. The hood does flex while driving but cracking????? I don't think it is supposed to do that. I will post pics later.

Darkside323

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I will email you the pics. I would need to go back to the body shop though to take some underside pics because I did not take any of that area.

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
I say switch it out for a fiberglass one with some cash back if the carbon ones are prone to issues when used on the streets.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back