Tiger racing super louver hood

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score

neema

forum member
Reaction score
going back to chips in the louvers--did any of you guys have problems with this? i saw an SLP fiberglass hood for a Z06 in the shop i was in and it looked like it was 10x better quality--it only needed to be sanded and painted. the vent also had no cracks...

here's a picture of what i'm talking about:

2y3any5u.jpg

Last edited:

captdistraction

Corner Carver
Reaction score
the edges just need a bit of sanding on mine, nothing like that. I do have a small chip up in the front of the hood, but looks to be a simple repair.

NEMustang

Mad Motorsports Products
Reaction score
Neema,

Mine was the Carbon Fiber version so the quality level of seeing the CF was expected, as per other posts. However, the actual hood fit like a glove.

Is this easily repairable before painting? Hopefully, all the other fiberglass buyers will chime in...you would think that this would have been spotted by the manufacturer before shipping.

Worst case, is that we can contact Paul Brown about this...

David

Philostang

Chrome Hater
Reaction score
I haven't had experience with any of these hoods, but I have worked with other fiberglass parts. Chips like this are not all that uncommon. From the pic, it's hard to tell, but looks like just a chip in the gelcoat. That's very easy to repair/prep for paint, and if your shop is telling you otherwise, you need to think about finding another shop.

Also, as an aside, the location is going to make it very difficult to see once it's finished. Just a thought.

Best,
-j

texasmustang65

forum member
Reaction score
^^I agree, if the body shops says they can't I would start looking for a new shop.

I had one or two spots on my hood that looked like that, its just the gelcoat, the fiberglass underneath is fine. Talked to the painter and he said no problem getting them filled in.

I haven't had much experience with other fiberglass hoods for mustangs, but i bet you would be hard pressed to find a better quality for the price. I know these guys make race cars, and getting the finish 100% for racing is not always a top priority.

neema

forum member
Reaction score
Neema,

Mine was the Carbon Fiber version so the quality level of seeing the CF was expected, as per other posts. However, the actual hood fit like a glove.

Is this easily repairable before painting? Hopefully, all the other fiberglass buyers will chime in...you would think that this would have been spotted by the manufacturer before shipping.

Worst case, is that we can contact Paul Brown about this...

David

my body shop said it's a pain to work with fiberglass the way it came, but who knows. unfortunately i went with my brother's recommendation and trusted both he and the body shop to just "get it done," so the damage is done. there's nothing paul brown could do at this point since the hood is already painted. i have to live with what i've got. big bummer, since this was a pretty penny; it would have been nice to do it right.
whoever gets this hood when i decide to sell it will be getting a steal, that's for sure.

Last edited:

08 Vapor

forum member
Reaction score
Everyone's hoods look awesome in here. If my car wasn't 100% street duty at all time, I'd consider one for myself. I remember seeing a CF version of Aerocatch a year or so back. I can't find them now. Anyone have a link to the CF ones?

MELLOWYELLOW06

forum member
Reaction score
Here is a friends GT500 with the hood. He loves it and no problems, though we dont get bad weather out here in LA. Almost October and still 90 -100 degrees daily!

IMG_3105_JPG.jpg

showthread.php

Last edited:

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
Everyone's hoods look awesome in here. If my car wasn't 100% street duty at all time, I'd consider one for myself. I remember seeing a CF version of Aerocatch a year or so back. I can't find them now. Anyone have a link to the CF ones?

They're CF appearance, not actual CF mate.

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score

I have some that have real carbon fiber on the top surface BUT they are counterfeit. They are not really Aerocatch even though they say Aerocatch on the box and packaging. These counterfeits are detailed on the real Aerocatch web site. I didn't know they were counterfeit when I bought them but I found out when I had to replace one.

Grip

Fast Addict
Reaction score
Just to chime in on weather...

I've driven my hood (with the car bolted securely underneath) across country, through torrential rains (to include on track at VIR in said rain), and had absolutely no issues. Heck I haven't even painted it yet, either.

08 Vapor

forum member
Reaction score
They're CF appearance, not actual CF mate.

I have some that have real carbon fiber on the top surface BUT they are counterfeit. They are not really Aerocatch even though they say Aerocatch on the box and packaging. These counterfeits are detailed on the real Aerocatch web site. I didn't know they were counterfeit when I bought them but I found out when I had to replace one.

That explains it. Thanks for clearing the air!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back