Tire dressings

tsores

Reaction score
Any consensus on tire dressings that work? I find all the brands I use turn the tire dull and brown after awhile. Are there any products that work as advertised?

Thanks.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
These are actually tire coatings not dressings[/QUOTE]

I apologize for my insolence, but what's the difference? :dunce:

28ONE

Reaction score
These are actually tire coatings not dressings

I apologize for my insolence, but what's the difference? :dunce:[/QUOTE]

Think of it as a clear coat for tires. Durability is 3+ months. Clean tires with reg soap and water then recoat if you want more shine. Biggest pita is clean the tires with TufShine Cleaner, you have to make sure you remove all the old dressings - which is the brown shit u see on your tires after a while...

I am a fan of CarPro PERL Diluted 1:1. I am also going to try the Turtle wax coating in bottle not spray.

I tried PERL 1:1 1:2 but just didn't cut it for me...

cdynaco

forum member
Reaction score
Any consensus on tire dressings that work? I find all the brands I use turn the tire dull and brown after awhile. Are there any products that work as advertised?

Thanks.
Same here. Even worse, I live off a dirt road. So even if I let the tire stuff dry for a couple of days, the dust still clings to it and looks like crap. So I'm better off not using it, but I don't like the dull tire either.

Unless there's some that truly dries and doesn't attract dirt.

28ONE

Reaction score
Same here. Even worse, I live off a dirt road. So even if I let the tire stuff dry for a couple of days, the dust still clings to it and looks like crap. So I'm better off not using it, but I don't like the dull tire either.

Unless there's some that truly dries and doesn't attract dirt.

TufShine will be your friend, in fact you take a white glove to after its dry - the gloves will still be white!

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Tufshine actually isn't super expensive, I used it previously on my old ride and am currently using PERL 1:1. Might go back to tufshine and do a comparison vs PERL.

28ONE

Reaction score
Tufshine actually isn't super expensive, I used it previously on my old ride and am currently using PERL 1:1. Might go back to tufshine and do a comparison vs PERL.

Too bad we weren't neighbors, id let you try the new DP Tire coating

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
Duplicolor makes a tire shine that works pretty good, not crazy glossy but shines nice! I use it on my truck with 37" mud tires because they are a pita to shine with a normal wipe on type dressing. It sprays on like spray paint and dries to the touch and lasts a long time. I'm definitely a fan of it!

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I use TufShine as well and I love it. The prep isn't bad if you don't have any built up junk on the tires. My tires have never had dressing on them, so it only took me about 5-10 minutes each wheel for them to be clean and ready to go. After the initial cleaning, I just reapply another coat every month or 2. I drive about 400-500 miles a week too, so the stuff is pretty durable.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back