TR6060 Steel Bellhousing?

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
The bell housing alone would be about 300.00. That price may just be the plate that adapts the bell to the trans. Then you may need a Ram or Mcleod slave to use with the combo. The link to Promotion I made above shows the upgrade at 999.00.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
The bell housing alone would be about 300.00. That price may just be the plate that adapts the bell to the trans. Then you may need a Ram or Mcleod slave to use with the combo. The link to Promotion I made above shows the upgrade at 999.00.
Bah, I'm definitely not changing the slave. I've only had luck with the OEM piece. I've finally got my clutch, tranny, and drivetrain getting along nicely. I finally have the butter-smooth shifts I've been looking for with the MGW shifter, McLeod RXT, and new OEM slave.

I'm really leaning towards the T56 later down the road. Might as well try to run this combo as long as I can get away with it. I was really thinking the housing would be an easier swap. The more I learn, the more I want to just stick with what I have.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
I test fitted a Ram slave during the process and didn't like the air gap I got with it. I fabbed up a new pedal assembly that adapts a cable sytem like the SN95's. Works better with the clutch I use, definitely not what most guys would want to tackle.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
I test fitted a Ram slave during the process and didn't like the air gap I got with it. I fabbed up a new pedal assembly that adapts a cable sytem like the SN95's. Works better with the clutch I use, definitely not what most guys would want to tackle.
No, me neither. Congrats on getting it to work, though. Not sure what good a hydraulic system is over a cable. Maybe less fail-proof? It's not like the throttle, in which it can be controlled by drive-by-wire. The hydraulic system has just been a giant pita for me. Same with my motorcycles....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
I like being able to move the pedal where I want it and adjust air gap. Many more options for adjustability over the hyd stuff. With the hyd 's you're basically at the mercy of your clutch choice. Luckily the RXT seems to have got it right for most guys.

stang67gt

wrench turner
Reaction score
Call up promotion, they did mine two years ago. However, make sure to let them know you want to use the OEM slave as they will have to machine the saddle as its ~.300" taller than the original.

Here's and old pic of mine...
68083_517050061816_5931536_n.jpg

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I know this is a old thread.

Wondering if anymore have done this conversion. Would be good to do while my tr6060 is out of the car.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
You need a Quick time RM8080 bellhousing, and a BC34 chevy mid-plate. You may need to replace the input shaft depending on the bearing size your 6060 has.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
You need a Quick time RM8080 bellhousing, and a BC34 chevy mid-plate. You may need to replace the input shaft depending on the bearing size your 6060 has.

That's good info, I kinda figured out the bell housing part but couldn't find anything on the front plate, to my knowledge, the front plate needs to be machined for the slave to be recessed more for the ford clutch.

My main shaft is currently needing to be replaced , snapped it at the track on a hard launch. All tr6060 main shafts are out of stock everywhere.

Paul Wally and he will get you situated.

Who is Wally? Pro-motion? I've talked to them ,it's pricey!

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
That's good info, I kinda figured out the bell housing part but couldn't find anything on the front plate, to my knowledge, the front plate needs to be machined for the slave to be recessed more for the ford clutch.

My main shaft is currently needing to be replaced , snapped it at the track on a hard launch. All tr6060 main shafts are out of stock everywhere.

I am not sure about machining the slave mount, but just measure the thickness of your slave mount and call D&D performance ask them to measure the chevy plate.
when I built mine I used a Dodge plate and it measured the same , but the Dodge input shaft was longer and used the bigger bearing. I did not have the time or the money to get the new input shaft.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Promotion has it, they explained exactly what they have to do for the new bell housing. They use a camaro front plate and machine the inside seal housing, also have to machine for the detent on the top.

Their bell housing is not a normal 8080, it's one they have made by QuickTime just for the swap. The normal 8080 rotates the tranny about 6 degrees, which pro lay won't hurt anything. The one they have made keeps it all straight. A stock terminator bell housing will work also but you get the 6 degree rotation also.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Just a update incase someone finds this thread in a search:

Got it back , I'm waiting on them to send me some spacers that go between the bell housing and the transmission before I can install the transmission. Got all my turbo piping and start back in, no longer have to drop all that crap to drop the transmission.

BB451E0A-5707-4B5A-A106-37DB0CCA1D2E_zpsx6jw4lgn.jpg

FFADC705-9554-4EB8-B6DF-D5FCD1D8D453_zpsvmtm3cpo.jpg

0224E4D5-B18F-45C4-8E21-1FB342E44B2E_zpsnmqns7xe.jpg

98EA7F03-09B1-484E-A1A2-2C61A7C660C5_zpszirv4m4q.jpg

3E41B8C2-882D-4B13-87E1-A470C9A67156_zpsbpt1ln4e.jpg

7D337F3B-9458-4816-A846-FC70FFEA2AA6_zpsfpr0r8cu.jpg

F7D8C157-91EB-4D20-83CF-EAE1F7BEDE0E_zpsjx1ixdvt.jpg

0E74C663-6DC0-4FD9-9B2F-6D9FDEF26723_zpsso6rnn9d.jpg

1F90EF7D-D7DE-41ED-9E7B-41CCFF9B6C0B_zpsnkmi0cwg.jpg

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
So Willy, from your description this is really a bolt on affair, right? They do all the custom machining and all that?

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
yes, for me its just bolt on. Promotion did the machine work on the front cover.

Quick time makes a RM8080 for fords, its the replacement of a cobra (03-04) bellhousing, but just like the regular aluminum bellhousing, the whole transmission is rotated about 6 degrees, which is fine if your shifter is attached to the transmission and you dont have a remote shifter like we do that attaches to the body.

698-RM-8080.jpg

you can see how the holes are shifted on that bell housing. the bell housing i got from pro motion has these holes all lines up so the trans sits upright just like it should so our shifter will not be twisted up. they also use 2 spacers that go between the trans and the bellhousing to give it the correct depth. other than the bellhousing and spacers they machine the front plate for the tr6060 by machining out the inside for the correct size bearing around the input shaft and they also have to machine something for the detent at the very top of that front plate where that big bolt head it at.

I didnt have any issues with installing it other than having to trim down a few spots for my turbo piping.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
yes, for me its just bolt on. Promotion did the machine work on the front cover.

Quick time makes a RM8080 for fords, its the replacement of a cobra (03-04) bellhousing, but just like the regular aluminum bellhousing, the whole transmission is rotated about 6 degrees, which is fine if your shifter is attached to the transmission and you dont have a remote shifter like we do that attaches to the body.

698-RM-8080.jpg

you can see how the holes are shifted on that bell housing. the bell housing i got from pro motion has these holes all lines up so the trans sits upright just like it should so our shifter will not be twisted up. they also use 2 spacers that go between the trans and the bellhousing to give it the correct depth. other than the bellhousing and spacers they machine the front plate for the tr6060 by machining out the inside for the correct size bearing around the input shaft and they also have to machine something for the detent at the very top of that front plate where that big bolt head it at.

I didnt have any issues with installing it other than having to trim down a few spots for my turbo piping.

Badass. So you can reuse the OEM throwout bearing correct?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back