Track rental results

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Nice runs , great pics , good info ! Hopefully I will be in VA sometime !

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I forget who had the engine let go due to the clogged cat but I can see how it can happen...glad I did not try to make another run with the clog as that could have been bad!

Seems like the FI guys blow the cats out more than the NA guys..is that due to more air being moved?

DON W. was the one

confuzed

forum member
Reaction score
funny how the race world is........
that whipple camaro has been chatting with my buddy who also has a whippled 2010ss. On camaro5 site he has a vid of him outrunning you, "a built and blown 2010 stang". My friends SS made 608rwhp and ran 11.10......with clogged cats, his were American Racing.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
that whipple camaro has been chatting with my buddy who also has a whippled 2010ss. On camaro5 site he has a vid of him outrunning you, "a built and blown 2010 stang". My friends SS made 608rwhp and ran 11.10......with clogged cats, his were American Racing.

If its the red automatic camaro ss with a whipple i took a picture of?
He was running great, ran a 10.9 with a 1.6 60ft.
Gregs car would have been easy 10's with a good launch, shit he was running mid 11's with 2.0 + sec 60fts!

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the time slip where we ran, I will try to post it.

It's going to sound like I am whinning but....I had a full tank of gas=weight.
The guy driving the camaro weighs 140 at the most, I weigh 235/240=weight.
I must be the only guy in the world that cannot do a burnout with slicks and and auto=shitty 60's.
I have never been to the 1/4 before and he has a lot of experience racing.

I will get him next time, taking nothing away from him, that thing moved out with the blower, DR's and full weight.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Was it just the Kooks hi-flows that seem to come apart and clog up - or have people had the same issue with the OEM?

GMRULZ

Reaction score
I have the time slip where we ran, I will try to post it.

It's going to sound like I am whinning but....I had a full tank of gas=weight.
The guy driving the camaro weighs 140 at the most, I weigh 235/240=weight.
I must be the only guy in the world that cannot do a burnout with slicks and and auto=shitty 60's.
I have never been to the 1/4 before and he has a lot of experience racing.

I will get him next time, taking nothing away from him, that thing moved out with the blower, DR's and full weight.

Hey Greg. It was a great run. I did out run you on that run, it was a true statement. I hope that doesn`t give anyone hard feelings. it was what it was. I had a great time and it was a blast hanging out w/ you. I do not weigh 140lbs though, I`m 155lbs. I work out regulary and can bench over 200lbs, not too bad for a 40 year old. I guess in baggy clothes its hard to tell. I don`t think you are whinning just telling your side of the story, its all good.:beer:

For those that want to know, my car was 4055lbs raceweight w/ a 5/8th tank of gas, full weight with me in it. It was 3900lbs w/ out me. I weighed it at the track that day. I have a Whipple 2.9 at 7.5psi up to 5900rpm where it would spike up to 9psi by 6200rpm where I am shifting. on a stock L99 motor, w/ 1 7/8 ARH headers, cats, magnaflow mufflers and a cold air intake. Stock size drag radials and a tune. Thats it.

I`m not sure you would have run a 10 second pass, I had low 1.6-2.0 60 foots all day and w/ a 1.6x I ran [email protected]. So my mph was better than yours, I don`t know that you were putting down enough power ie.. mph to squeek into the 10`s looking at the numbers. If you spin a little normally you mph goes up and you were spinning. I was hooking and running 124-125 most of the day. Honeslty, I have been beating stick cars w/ 100 more rwhp going all the way back to 1999. My trans am auto w/ a 4k stall had 390rwhp and ran consistent 11.4x`s all day long.

I don`t mind taking a loss, Otis Whippled Shelby at 800+rwhp beat me handily in our second race, not even close, 10.46 to 11.30, I spuns some, but nonetheless he won and would have even if I didn`t spin, as I figured he would. I did beat him on our first run 11.03 me to 10.91 him, I tree`d him and got the win... :)

Still not a bad outing for a stock pig of a car w/ a couple of mods, low boost, all I did as drive it to the track, air the tires down, run 14 times, aired the tire`s back up and drove it home. I think I`m going to add a little gear and maybe some lighter wheels, maybe a small stall converter down the line, But I`m going to try the wheels and gear first.

GMRULZ

Reaction score

Jason and I have been deciding our builds and talking together for probably 4 months now. We were able to help each other quite a bit. His car has now been [email protected], for those that were curious. Only difference in our cars is he has the LS9(zr1) cam and ported heads.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok..I was short 15 lbs on your weight estimation...still about 100 less than me.

I am making 600 hp which you can see in my sig so I have the power to do get into the 10's, either not enough tire/traction/experience doing the 1/4 mile are maybe all 3.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Was it just the Kooks hi-flows that seem to come apart and clog up - or have people had the same issue with the OEM?

If you check my thread in the tech section the majority of people that are FI'd have their cats go but I know Lightblade's went on him before he put the turbo on and that was with HFC's.

I think there was 1 person who blew out the stock cat but that was by his admission his own fault as he was running a FI tune oh his car when the sc was off.

GMRULZ

Reaction score
Ok..I was short 15 lbs on your weight estimation...still about 100 less than me.

I am making 600 hp which you can see in my sig so I have the power to do get into the 10's, either not enough tire/traction/experience doing the 1/4 mile are maybe all 3.

No problem, what was your raceweight? Car and driver? I would imagine mine was still a bit heavier than yours even though you have a little extra weight yourself..Lol.. j/k.. I`m just kidding Greg. Seriously you met me and we talked for a while so you know I`m not a @sshat.

As far as power, no doubt its possible, I just think highly unlikely that day. It comes down to many factors, much more than just the power you are making. There are guys w/ 600+ rwhp on the camaro board that can hardly get out of the 12`s and into the 11`s. I was just saying looking at your slips for the day and comparing 60 foots, it was doable but unlikely in my opinion. I could be wrong though. I have been racing a long time as you stated and I was just giving my opinion looking at your numbers on that particular day. I have no doubt at some point you will be in the 10`s w/ your power level, you just have to sort your setup out. I did a lot of research on mine and my plan was to run a 10.9@125 w/ the mods I have and thats exactly what I ran. Its all about the setup for a good ET, you don`t need monster power to go fast.

Regardless, you have a very nice setup and a really good looking car. I wish you all the best with it and if i can help you with it in any way just let me know.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No problem, what was your raceweight? Car and driver? I would imagine mine was still a bit heavier than yours even though you have a little extra weight yourself..Lol.. j/k.. I`m just kidding Greg. Seriously you met me and we talked for a while so you know I`m not a @sshat.

As far as power, no doubt its possible, I just think highly unlikely that day. It comes down to many factors, much more than just the power you are making. There are guys w/ 600+ rwhp on the camaro board that can hardly get out of the 12`s and into the 11`s. I was just saying looking at your slips for the day and comparing 60 foots, it was doable but unlikely in my opinion. I could be wrong though. I have been racing a long time as you stated and I was just giving my opinion looking at your numbers on that particular day. I have no doubt at some point you will be in the 10`s w/ your power level, you just have to sort your setup out. I did a lot of research on mine and my plan was to run a 10.9@125 w/ the mods I have and thats exactly what I ran. Its all about the setup for a good ET, you don`t need monster power to go fast.

Regardless, you have a very nice setup and a really good looking car. I wish you all the best with it and if i can help you with it in any way just let me know.

Welcome to the site...Sounds like your car moves pretty well..And Greg, you will get your 10.xx run, you have to get that 60 ft. down. Trust me, I know all to well...

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did they have scale there? I meant to ask/look and forgot, I wanted to know what the car weighs.

I know you weren't being a jerk...and agree with my 60's I was not getting into the 10's that day. I need to figure out my burnout issue as with slicks and an automatic there is no reason I should not have done better than I did.

Line lock is in the garage to be installed, SFC's, A2A setup and a PA pan to get another 4 qts of fluid in the tranny are all on the sked to be installed over the winter.
Also picked up a set of Greg Weld skinny fronts to reduce rotational mass on the front.

I was very impressed with the weight of your car, the dyno numbers and the low number of mods you have done to get the time you ran, more disappointed in my setup.

Back